Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia lumia 920 volume issues

Registered Member
Reaper335

Nokia lumia 920 volume issues

The volume on my new Nokia Lumia 920 will randomly go very low. So far this only happens when the phone has no need to make any sounds for a long period such as playing music or videos. It goes to like volume of 1/30, but incresing it to 30/30 does nothing to increase it. only putting it to 0/30 mutes as normal but still doesn't go past 1. I have had to restart my phone several times in order to temporarily fix this issue. My phone is completely up to date with the software. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia lumia 920 volume issues

Hi mate,

Sounds weird indeed. Have you tried performing a soft reset (press the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). If that doesn't work, then backup all your data and perform a hard reset via Settings > About > Reset your phone. If that fails as well, then you will need to take your phone back to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect, as it may be a hardware fault.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Hankki

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I had the same problem now this weekend but that was only for music, youtube worked fine. For me it was low all the time not just randomly but the same way that only 0 muted the sound and all from 1-30 was the same.

I tried the soft reset and that helped for me. I think I got an update for music last week, could that do this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

I've had it bottom out at 0 when plugging into the headset jack.  It's done it twice to me and it requires a power off/on to get volume control back.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

There have been a couple of updates for the Extras + Info for Nokia in the Store, which has appeared to fix a number of audio issues, one of which I've noticed is that now it remembers my equaliser settings without resetting it everytime i go back into the Audio settings. The Dolby Headphone not being remembered to be activated still remains though.....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jondotcom

I have a Cyan AT&T branded Nokia Lumia 920 and I am having the same issue.

Audio will go very low all of a sudden on the handset. Speakerphone volume also seems quite low compared to other Nokia phones I've used.

I'm not sure if it's related, but there also seems to be an audio clipping issue in the handset. That is, when the volume is turned up on the handset (usually up to 10, to compensate for the drops in audio volume I am experiencing during calls), it will clip (get distorted) when the person talks a little louder, laughs, etc.

I will try a soft reset; I hope it's not a hardware issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DrewWP

I have a red L920 and it was working good the first month or so I had it, now I notice that volume will "stick" at a low level. Not sure if that's what your experiencing. It only started happening within the last couple weeks for me. You can press the volume rocker up and down, and you will see the number change, but the actual volume does not. The only thing I know of that fixes it is a reboot. Hopefully its fixed in a software patch soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FAWLUM920

With soft reset it works fine :smileyhappy::thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Heraclio

I've got the same issue - have had a grey L920 for 3 days and whenever I go to insert the headphones to listen to music, volume drops to almost zero, sounds tinny and can't be changed. If I back out and play a video it's fine, so it's something to do with Nokia music or the other  XBox music and videos app. Only been able to fix by re-booting but at least now I will try the soft boot.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
billclark

Same here.  The volume gets stuck at 00/30.  If I press and hold the "increase volume" button, the 00/30 rapidly flickers, but does not increase.  This is generally triggered when I have the headset plugged in.  Once triggered, unplugging the headset does not fix it.  I have to reset the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thesisko

Its the headphones.....

I had the same problem with the headphones that came with the phone. I put another pair in and it was okay. Put the others back in, same problem.

**bleep** really, only had them for a month and now in the bin.

Live long and prosper.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

not sure but some of the Nokia system app updates may fix the problem, there was one released just today for the Accessories settings, check them out here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nishan1501

I am also experiencing the same problems with my nokia lumia 920. The volume is too low on headphones. Its the matter of shame for nokia that they make worthless products, full of flaws. Everytime i have to turn the phone off and turn it again to get it work well again. My email doesnt sync regularly( only manual sync works). Many videos on youtube cant be played( vevo videos). I am so much frustuated with this phone. i just want to smash it. Hate this device so much. My old iphone4 just works still smoothly. Please nokia dont try to fool people, people are no more like before. We real smartphones, we need the products that work seamlessly. But Nokia is also fooled by Windows phone. They should have adopted android, they would have gone further now.

Please use plain text.
Heraclio

Phone is now working perfectly - perhaps one of the updates did it. Anyhow it's 8 days after my previous post and I'm just blown away by this phone. Windows 8 is intuitive and responsive and the handset is just solid - not heavy at all - I love it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
samuel1989

@nishan1501 Had Nokia gone with Android, they would have closed down last year (2011), because Samsung is Google's flagship partner and Nokia knows they can't compete with Samsung in the Android market, so they chose Windows Phone instead.

And as for the Lumia 920 volume issues, don't blame Nokia but blame Microsoft for close sourcing Windows Phone 8 too much that even Nokia cannot customise the OS with their own apps properly despite Nokia themselves being Microsoft's flagship partner for Windows Phone.

Please use plain text.
Kuba971

Hi!

I just had the same problem 20 minutes ago.

I think I found a way to resolve that without restarting the device.

When your volume getting down, start listening a song and start YouTube (the application).

In my case the volume just getting normally.

I hope that could help you.

Cya.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ashutosh920

Hi guys,

I am facing the same issue where, after a long time without playing music when i play it. The volume does nt change irrespective of the ui and hardware showing its increasing or decreasing.

I tried a soft reset and a restart. Works temporarily.

Called Nokia Care, they asked me to do a hard reset I did still facing the same issue.

Can any one please help or do i need to visit a nokia care center and find a new phone temporarily ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
icerzerocool

@AGNUKPUTRA

Your comment is not worth posting. Contribute something and if you cannot do that, don't comment.

The update didn't work. Only the reset phone works for now. I think it's better to inform this at the Nokia center. Will do that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
offbeatbop

I've had the same issue with mine a few times, but today was exceptionally bad. The volume suddenly dropped to 0 and wouldn't move above 1. The previous times I was able to fix this with one reboot but today I tried several reboots to no avail. After unplugging and reinserting the headphones I was able to get it to work but this is totally unacceptable for such a new and supposedly high-end device. Please fix.
Please use plain text.
saxomann

Android????? Had it 14 days and gave my phone away.
Please use plain text.