Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia, please add option to disable haptic feedbac...

Advisor
e70matic

Nokia, please add option to disable haptic feedback from capacitative buttons

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but I think it requires further attention. I'm using a Lumia 800, however I'm going to return it despite quite enjoying it and the OS. Apart from the lack of tethering, my problem is simple: I can't stand haptic feedback. And I can't believe it can't be turned off for the back/home/search buttons. 

A few facts:

1) this is not a Microsoft issue, it's an issue with Nokia's implementation - HTC Focus S and other devices have an "extra setting" allowing users to choose whether to have haptic feedback or not on the capacitative buttons. So it should be fairly straightforward to add it in a firmware update.

2) Haptic feedback decreases battery life, and one would think Nokia would be happy to give customers an additional way to extend battery life

If anyone from Nokia reads this, I'd be to be told where to complain for it. I've been given this phone by a Nokia-related blog for testing, and it's a pity that such a small thing is keeping me from endorsing it.

I mean, Nokia can easily beat everyone else within Windows Phone - so why not give this phone all options enjoyed by other users.

Thanks

MODERATORS NOTE: References that could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty have been removed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

Re: Nokia, please add option to disable haptic feedback from capacitative buttons

I'm on board with that. I'd like two settings...

Enable Haptic On/Off
Hardware Button Light (when screen on) Normal/Always On/Off

Any settings to allow users to use their device to their own preference is always a good thing.
Please use plain text.
Optimaxer

Re: Nokia, please add option to disable haptic feedback from capacitative buttons

Nokia, please, please, please make a setting option enabling haptic feedback to be turned off for the back / home /search buttons on Lumia 920 etc.  Surely with your aims to increase market share this must be a high priority.  Be in no doubt, it's about whether actual people (not technology) like the phone, they tell their friends etc.  The best advertisements are "word of mouth", that's how Facebook started.  It was small, but it was attractive to people.  This haptic feedback is VERY annoying.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BunkKryptonite

Absolutely agree. Phone has been great with the exception of this issue. And yes, its an issue as the buttons are distracting when watching a video or trying to read in low or no light situations. It is frustrating to the point I don't enjoy this device as much as I should.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Not being able to turn off haptic feedback of the buttons is a design choice at the core of Windows Phone and beyond the control of Nokia Firmware I would suggest you contact Microsoft on this if you'd like to see this change.

You could try their support options or the suggestions site.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gagan620

I am using lumia 620 for a while, the phone is marvellous except it do not have an option for haptic feedback.its a shame that after all these repetitive discussions nokia or Microsoft donot even reach customer expectation levels. That's why other mobile giants have better grip in the market. Pls consider this as a,public opinion...
Please use plain text.