Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Not able to Connect and sync Lumia 520 from Nokia ...

Advisor
Rajaishere

Not able to Connect and sync Lumia 520 from Nokia Suite 3.8

Hi ,

I have my old phone backup important conatct detail ,Music ,vedio etc on my computer Nokia suite.but recently i bought new Lumia 520 .but I am not able to conect and sync this phone to my nokia suite ..

Please let me know if some know.it is very helpful.

Please use plain text.
KBLumia

Re: Not able to Connect and sync Lumia 520 from Nokia Suite 3.8

My understanding is that Lumia only work with Zune which you have to download. I dont think Nokia Suite works with Windows phones.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Nokia Suite is designed for Nokia Sx0 and symbian phones. It is not compatible with Windows Phone.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rajaishere

If it is possible for you to provide the link for this software whr to download
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Rajaishere wrote:
If it is possible for you to provide the link for this software whr to download

Is this what you are after?http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rajaishere

getting error at the time of installation " Installation of window phone is not supported on server operated systems " is any solution for this type of error .....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Solution for that error? Change your computer OS?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Rajaishere wrote:
getting error at the time of installation " Installation of window phone is not supported on server operated systems " is any solution for this type of error .....

It would help if you could tell us what OS you are running. It sounds to me you are trying to install on a PC at work where you are running off of a central server.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rajaishere

window XP
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
N952520

It doesn't matter about the OS of your computer, I have Windows 8, which is the same as my phone and tried to sync with Nokia Suite and it doesn't work, even with USB. I think it is over the whole Lumia range because of the diferent processor to it's predessors.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

The WP8 deskto app required at least Windows 7.

You can use Media Transfer Protocol on Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Media Player 10 and up.

---

Please use plain text.