Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

Registered Member
Redstar555

O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

I have an O2-locked lumia 820 that is not recognising an O2 SIM. I have tried a hard reset but this does not help.
WiFi works fine, and I get reception from same location on the same SIM when it's in a different O2-locked handset
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

Has the handset ever worked? If not it may be blacklisted

Did you purchase it new or used? If used you may have been sold a blacklisted one that won't ever work in your country.

Are you certain it's O2 locked? Does it have an O2 splash screen when powering on? If not it may be locked to another network.

Is it locked to O2 in your country or O2 in another country? O2 operates in several countries, one locked to O2 in another country won't work with an O2 sim from a different country.
Please use plain text.