Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: On-board clock waaay fast - Lumia 800

Counsellor
masterpeura

Wow, my clock is off by 3 minutes, I have the automatic sync turned on, but still it's 3 minutes in the future.
I just tried to set my clock manually to something random, and when I turn it on, and even after waiting a few mins the clock won't sync, nice feature. Would be nice to hear something from Nokia on this.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
viden

My clock is off by at least 2 minutes as well.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BenWoodward

I am also having this problem. It is rather annoying,

I am on Three too and have no otion for auto time

My firmware is 1600.2487.9107.12070.

Three firmware H3G UK SW Variant ID370 v03

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eindninja

Having the same problem.

I'm using the T-Mobile network in the Netherlands.
Firmware: 1600.2487.8107.12070

Got the phone unlocked directly from Microsoft
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChrisJWarwick

OK, another victim with a similar (same) issue.

Nokia 710 this time.  In the UK on O2.  I noticed at the weekend that my clock is not updating.  Up until a while ago it thought it was Sunday (it's Tuesday!).  It updated at lunchtime-ish but now claims it's 02:15 on Monday.

I DON'T HAVE the option on Settings>Date & Time to set automatic updates on or off.  I would expect to have this and I'm puzzled why the operators would remove this (although I would also expect the phone to sych to public NTP servers).

In any case, I'm stuck.  I've restarted and fiddled around but it's not updating.

I think there are two problems here: the carriers not synching time on the network and the Lumia having a bug.

Oh, btw, I upgraded firmware about 2 weeks ago - although I don't recall seeing a problem with the clock before the weekend...

Carrier O2 UK SW Variant ID336_v2

Windows Phone 7.5

Version 7.10.8773.98

Firmware 1600.3031.8773.12121

Hardware 112.1402.2.1

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bill2

[ Edited ]

Lumia 800, Orange UK (who also provided the phone), clock is fast and Set Time Automatically option has no effect.  I tried manually setting the time a few hours ahead of actual time, then switched back to auto.  The time still reads 21:25 (is currently 18:25 here).  Same after restart.

Going to try a factory reset later.  Any one know of any word from Nokia on this?  Seems to be an actual bug, since it occurs with multiple networks - although it does also seem that the firmware from 3 disables the auto update completely(?)

Carrier: Orange v210.10

Windows Phone 7.5

OS version: 7.10.8773.98

Firmware: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Hardware: 112.1402.2.3

Please use plain text.
Advisor
WildSabre

[ Edited ]

I have the Lumia 800 and have had the clock way out as well. I have to reset it every few weeks. I have the automatic setting on but it seems to do nothing. My network is Orange UK.

Carrier: Orange v210.10

Windows Phone 7.5

Firmware: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Hardware: 112.1402.2.4

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bill2

[ Edited ]

Just a quick update, but after a factory rest yesterday evening (see two posts up), my Lumia is now a little under 30 seconds fast.  I've been monitoring it all day, and the shift has been progressive (so it didn't jump to 30 seconds out and then stick there, it definitely is running fast).  The auto option is still selected.

30 seconds in 24 hours is terrible.  This must be a bug.  I hope someone from Nokia reads this topic...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HelenP

I have the Nokia Lumia 800 and find it's constantly 5 mins fast.  I'm with Vodafone and on a contract.  I had the "Set Automatically" switched to on but have now turned this feature off and manually set the time.  Will monitor to see how it progresses but surely this is a bug that needs to be addressed and fixed!

Please use plain text.
ChunkyPirate

Hi.

I am also on Orange UK (contract) and my Lumia 800 is also running 2-3 minutes fast.

Setting the phone to update the date and time automatically does not fix the problem (in fact it seems to do nothing at all! As setting the time about 10 mins slow, turning on auto update and then restarting the phone does not make a difference. It is still 10 minutes slow!)

I have tried this when connected to Orange and T-Mobile APNs as well as my home wifi connection.

I have performed a factory reset to no avail.

The interesting thing is that a friend of mine had this same problem on O2. But theirs was fixed after the latest firmware and OS update.

Mine used to run fine - until I installed the latest firmware and OS update.

My current versions are:

Carrier: Orange - v.210.10

Software: Windows Phone 7.5

Firmware revision number: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.3

Radio software version: 1.7.50.08

Radio hardware version: 8225

Although not as major as other bugs I've had with this phone, it is quite annoying as I use it for timekeeping as I do not wear a watch.

Come on Nokia - any news on a fix?

Regards,

Rory

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same for me, time does not auto update no matter what setting I use. ie if set the time fast or slow Automatic adjustment does nothing but show flight symbols for a few seconds when changing from manual to auto time.

Neither Microsoft or nokia seem to care.

This I feel should have been fixed by now

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThePrutser

[ Edited ]

Exact same problems over here. I contacted Nokia support and this is what they said:

A re-flash of the software should fix the problem. This can be done by a Nokia Repair Center 

http://www.nokia.com/nl-nl/support/online-repair/

or wait for WP7.8 (which I am already eagerly waiting for anyways).

I decided not to sent my phone in for repair, as I have no replacement. I am putting all my hopes on the 7.8 update and for now just deal with the fast clock :pinch:

Please use plain text.
Racing_Snake

Got the same issue on my wifes lumia 710, it was about 5 mins fast.

So I switched it to automatic update, which did nothing. We then switched it back to normal, and this morning the alarm didn't go off because the clock was 2 hours slow and the date was October :smileysad:

Doesn't sound like there is a definitive answer, so here's waiting for the update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Spaceman831

Re: On-board clock way fast - Lumia 800

I have a Lumia 800 unlocked that I got direct from Nokia have put Virgin Mobile sim in it and since getting it last July then I am almost monthly now having to take my clock back 10 minutes as its too fast

FM Version: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Gets rather frustrating to be hones, maybe 7.8 (when it arrives will have the patch)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Compiemunky

Hey all, i have the same problem, clock races ahead of time, but unfortunatly this isnt a firmware/OS/Carrier problem, its hardware, the 'timing crystal' embedded somewhere in the phone's depths is counting, and acts in a similar way to a metronome, unfortunately theres no way to correct this. It is near impossible to cut the crystal to a perfect size to keep the timing perfect, but most devices that keep time are near enough to not notice anything, losing or gaining perhaps seconds every year, just happens the batch of crystals our lumias got was a bad batch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_oscillator

Heres hoping we get a better automatic time update in the 7.8 upgrade so the phone can at least update iteself off a proper time server

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Mine is T-Mobile UK, set to use network settings and currently 8 minutes ahead phone by someone else also on T-Mobile UK which is at the right time.
Please use plain text.
gholloway

I set the time correctly on my Lumia 800 no problem, over a few weeks it slowly gets faster, initally 2 - 3 minutes fast and now, after 2 months I'm a full 12 minutes fast, I wonder how far it will go...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bill2

Compiemunky wrote:

Hey all, i have the same problem, clock races ahead of time, but unfortunatly this isnt a firmware/OS/Carrier problem, its hardware, the 'timing crystal' embedded somewhere in the phone's depths is counting, and acts in a similar way to a metronome, unfortunately theres no way to correct this. It is near impossible to cut the crystal to a perfect size to keep the timing perfect, but most devices that keep time are near enough to not notice anything, losing or gaining perhaps seconds every year, just happens the batch of crystals our lumias got was a bad batch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_oscillator

Heres hoping we get a better automatic time update in the 7.8 upgrade so the phone can at least update iteself off a proper time server

While this may be the root cause, it's not the real issue.  The issue is that the phone no longer synchronizes its internal clock with the time broadcast by the network.  My Lumia 800 used to keep the time just fine.  Now it doesn't.  Things wouldn't be half as bad if the internal timing wasn't utterely terrible, though.

I wondered if anyone here had seen these issues disappear with the update to Windows Phone 7.8?  Mine still refuses to synchronize...

Please use plain text.
gholloway

I recently upgraded to Windows Mobile to 7.8 and the time still doesn't auto sync, it is currently 1 minute out but I only updated a week ago. As per my previous post it eventually got to 25 minutes out before I manually set the time again. I want someone to fix the auto time sync function, why doesn't it work?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I think mine is getting worse. The phone is secondary phone and can go for weeks without even being switched on but despite being reset in January and despite being switched off at least 95% of the time is now 8 minutes fast.All software is updated, set to get time from the network, network is T- Mobile(EE) other T- Mobile EE phone is fine.
Please use plain text.