Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Parental Control On Apps

Contributor
mkrause072

Parental Control On Apps

just got my 822 yesterday and am in the process of setting everything up. I activated the "kids corner" app and went to download games. At the start you have to put in your birthdate. I thought it meant my son's but now when I go to buy apps it says the parent permission won't allow it. I went to the site and it says I have to create an account for my son using his emaiI. He is 6 and I do not want to create an email account for him. How do I change the birthdate info so it reflects me not him?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Parental Control On Apps

The birthday yo entered is probably associated with your Microsoft  Live id. Goto the live.com webcite, login using yor live id and try editing the date of birth in your profile. Once done, sync it back down to your phone. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkrause072

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a shot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkrause072

Didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Did you use an old live id or did you create a new one? If it is new, You could always hard reset the phone and start from scratch with new id. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkrause072

it's an old id. if i scrap it and start over won't i lose all my contacts?I

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then try contacting Microsoft support tomorrow and see if they can assist you. The live id is a Microsoft account. They should be able to change settings for you if it wont allow you to do it yourself. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkrause072

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JHagan

Hello, I wondered if you got through to Microsoft and they managed to change your parental control options?  I am having the same problem as you with downloading apps on my son's phone - need parental control, but it doesn't let me carry it out comes out with a error code and says contact support.

I tried to contact Microsoft but they put me on hold - sending my call to America and India (was on hold for an hour or so).  I have logged a complaint and emailed Microsoft but still nobody gets back to me.

So currently have a  phone for my son but he cannot download apps.  Dont want to reinstall as he will have to change all his details on Xbox and all his avitars etc (friends) - we want to keep his same email address.

Driving me crazy and Microsoft not coming forward with any advice.  All I want to do is adjust my parental control to let my son download apps.

Appreciate any help please. Thank You

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dayvoe

I have this problem now, too.  I AM the adult and I can't log on to download any apps because it keeps asking me to get a parent to sign on first to consent to access.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Microsoft accounts are meant to be set up with a primary account which is in the control of someone who is over 18th .Your problems will be because the phone is linked to an account where the account holder has registered a date of birth which make the account holder less than 18.I suspect you will have to hard reset the phone and set it up again with an account which is registered to an over 18 dob.
Please use plain text.