Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Password on 820

Advisor
Steveo500

Password on 820

I put a password on my new 820 and decided to take it off whilst at work. However, trying to do the opposite of turning it on doesnt work. The option is not available. Am I missing something obvious?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Re: Password on 820

[ Edited ]

So I'm doing this on a 920 but it must be similar.

I set the lock code via 'Settings' / 'Lock Screen'. Set the slider control from off to on. Asked to enter password and confirm. Unlocking (after I let it lock worked fine). Where did you set the lock?

And by 'Unlocking' I went to same setting and set the slider to off.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steveo500

I went Setting: Lock Screen: slid the password slider to on. Typed my code. all ok.

Now if i go settings:lockscreen the password slider is not lit up and you cant slide it to turn it off.

Very strange

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steveo500

My screen looks like this:

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I would guess from looking at that and given how my own non Nokia phone works that you have to click on change password, enter your password and then you will get the option using the password slider. I.e you have to unlock the phone at this point before you can change the settings. It's a security issue. If you had set say 10 or 15 minutes before it locks,or if the phone was snatched while you were using it, any one getting it could remove the lock in that period if all you had to do was slide the slider back.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steveo500

Thanks Caitlin but not the answer. If i change the passwrod I dont get an option to switch off before going back to the menu.
I bought an 820 on Saturday morning. On Sunday morning i realsied it wouldnt connect so spent a wile on the phone with o2. Eventually took it back to the shop where they agreed it was faulty and gave me a new phone. Hope I don't have to do this again.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steveo500

If anyone else needs a solution to this, it is becasue I had an outlook account on the phone. If you do this the phone has to have password protect on.

Please use plain text.