Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Pathetic Experience with Nokia Lumia 820

Contributor
Shyamalendu

Pathetic Experience with Nokia Lumia 820

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

1. Why Can't Nokia Care has authority to replace with new Mobile when they found the Mobile is Faulty device

2.  I want primarily my money back as i was so dissapointed with Nokia

Please go through the main body about my feeelings/ experience about my new Phone 

I was so excited when i booked my new Smart phone Nokia Lumia 820 at Indiatimes after a month of research, people were suggesting me to go for Andriod mobiles but i took my decesion and opted for this phone. On 27th of March 2013 i booked in Indiatimes and i received the mobile on 16th April 2013. And i was thrilled by holding my new phone. Then i immediately start using my phone. I activated Internet pack immediately and start downloading all TOP apps etc etc . it was all happy time. 

Next day i start using Voice call mostly , i could able to realise there was some weired sound during the conversation like (Tik, tik sound) and some time call get drops after that noise and some time remote party never hear back during this weired noise. So immediately i called Vodafone CC and compain about any netwrok issue in my location , they immediately replied saying no issues with netwrok. Then i took it lightly and ignored.

The day progress 2nd & 3rd day the issues was quite evident in my phone and finally i thought to take my phone to Nokia care , Bangalore (CMH Road Branch), India office. On 23/04/2013 i registera compalint and convey the issue , and they took my phone for a day observation. And i was out of contact for a day as this microSIm , could not able to Fit in my Blackberry. 

Next day i got a call from Nokia care guys and they intimate me ,Mobile has some chipset problem and we are unable to rectify this problem here and it has to go Nokia manufacturing unit , so tentatively it will take 12 working days and expected delivery would be 7th May 2013, then i was shocked, how can that be possible , its not even 1 week old phone and then how can i mange 12 days without phone as it will hamper my business trip etc etc. I was quitye disappointed .Then i personally went to Nokia care discuss with them and ask if this is the issues the why can't you replace my phone immediately with new one. In reply , it was not in thire hand adn they are no authorise to handle this. Then they gave me one Nokia basic model phone and fit my microSIM. but all experinec of handling Smart phone dream landed in Basic  phone. When a person was Blackberry user  2days before  for all business actvity all of sudden move to this phone , its directly impacted in business.

So then i got frustrated after paying so much money of 21,000  not even using 4 days, i came to know my mobile has a manufacuring deffects, i felt really SAD. And all my faith on nokia has compeltly gone thire. i lost to all my friend to whom i fought with during my purchase of mobile about company of nokia. they all laugh at me now. Never expected such thing from nokia. 

i would request if you can replace my mobile with new one then some satisafaction i will get ,else it will always in my mind , that i am carry a faulty mobile with some repair after paying Rs 21000. 

i request Nokia to take this issue seriuosly and solve it in decent manner at immediate effect.

Regards

Shyamalendu Panda (Shyam)

Moderator's Note: IMEI #, phone number and e-mail address were removed. Please don't publish your personal contact information on a public forum.

shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

This user to user forum can't help you I'm afraid. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

as Ray has said, we can't assist you further with this issue unfortunately. you will need to persist with your local Nokia Care and take it up with them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

Thanks ! But you know even after 2 weeks over , i have received my phone back. And after multiple of email to customer care about replacement of handset , nothing has happend. And same time Nokia care saying they can repair the hadset can't replace .. so frustrating
shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ronjan

Even my lumia 920 is behaving similar to what you have experienced! nokia care people have taken it to delhi for checking.

@Shyamaendu Is your repaired lumia 820 working as expected?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Okay folks listen:

Nokia's and even every manufacturer's warranty policy says that the replacement will happen only in the case if the handset is beyond repair and nothing else can be done. So just don't think of getting your phone replaced.

A new chipset would basically get you a new phone only as the chipset is the thing that holds all the delicate internal components of the phone.

I agree that it feels super sad and awkward when your new phone gets mad in a few days. But it can't be forgotten that these are electronic components which can get faulty. So i do appreciate your purchase of a Nokia smartphone, but what you've experienced is normal. It just happens and happens with every phone/electronics company of this world.
The phones can get manufacturing defects that's why you have warranty in place, just to safeguard your purchase.

So for now, let it come after repair and I'm sure everything will be sorted out. If not, you have our very friendly consumer courts which are always ready to keep the interests of consumer safe. Nothing to worry or feel sad. Chill and wait for your phone to come back :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

No dear , i got delivery on 9th May and after 1 dayof observation i could able to find teh same problem and handover tge handset to nokia care again and not yet received .. Fried its nothing but cheating from Nokia , I am unable to reach the right person , Can you please help me providing the right contact. Thanks
shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

Dear , I appreciate for your positiveness however just to inform you , I got delivery of my phone on 9th May and 10th may i had return back them as the problem was never ever rectified and it was accpted by Nokia care reason behin they sent back to delhi team .. Now tell me being you are Nokia die hard fan , what would have been your reaction .. FYI i juts hold this for 2 days. And going for Consumer court , if things shortout over online its ok else tell me in busy schedule who has time to go behind with this unnecessary headache
shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Contributor
routema5ter

I guess the process of replacing faulty phones with brand new phones is not applicable in India.

I am facing the same situation (will be taking the L820 to the Nokia service center today). The phone keeps on restarting when I get / make calls. I can use the phone without any issues for anything else than calling!

But hey, I got lucky to be a crash test dummy for Nokia by paying $430. :smileysad:

Checkout my experiences at http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-820-freeze/m-p/1899354#M51850
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dudeblore

Guys, I am planning to change my phone soon. i am using Nokia E6 for last two years and confotable with its performance. Though I had a bitter experience (you can read my experience HERE) at the begginning, it never came back after rectification done at nokia care. I am happy with its performance now. However, since it has a small screen, sometimes i feel difficult select a link with finger while surfing through internet. That is the reason i am looking for a new one with bigger screen size.

I was actually looking for Lumia 820 or 720 for which I am still confused to go for one. Request the experts to help me to select one. Which is better for my moderate use? i am using my phone mainly for calls, emails, photos and web browsing. I am not curious about games, music etc... Please help me to chose one.

Please use plain text.
mikhail1312

Simple,  just go to consumer court

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

Dont go for Nokia Lumia smartphone ... rally bad personal bad experinec right from day 1 ... see my experience other guys experience s as well. ..
shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

Thats the only option left my friend .. But you know in our hectic schedule adding another assigment always be tough. And consumer forum is also not so easy , it has many formalities to follow it up ... In Big cities you have to spend some time for this .. ANd no one wants all these with cost of phone. ANyway Thanks , i will some how manage to do this. So frustrated
shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shyamalendu

Dear My friends

Thanks for your inputs / suggestion . I appreciate that , you all atleast spent some time to read my message.

But the current situation is , still my phone is with Nokia even almost a month is over. I dont know  what to do now .. 

When i ask either  Nokia or Nokia Care , theire response is more like favouring to me .  I dont know whats to do now . Just simply frustrated. 

shyamalendu panda
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi Shyamalendu,

Please see our personal message and provide all the information that we need for us to assist you further.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.