Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone overheats while calling - Leads to battery d...

Contributor
The_Harimau

Phone overheats while calling - Leads to battery drainage!

Hi Lumia 920 users,

I have my Nokia lumia 920 now for almost a month. I love the phone, great apps, you can take beautiful photo's and for business use it seems to be OK as well. However, all this is nothing worth as my phone is overheating. 

When I don't use my phone, the phone does not overheat. Battery life is great and keeps on for days. As soon I start any app, the phone is getting warm (depending how long I use the app - getting hot) which leads to draining of the battery. I contacted the Nokia technical support who recommended things to do to prevent battery drainage. 

BUT this has nothing to do with the battery drainage problem. If I just want to call someone, for lets say 30 minutes, my phone is getting warm (top left hand side through the middle of the phone) which leads to draining my battery. From 100% left after 30 minutes of calling, 80% left and estimated time 5 hours. Shocking...

I run a business, I need to synch my phone and call a lot. I understand that the battery goes faster when you call a lot but Nokia phones in the past where made for consumers like me. My phone now gets warm when I call which worry me plus the battery goes down so quickly that I don't even have time to use any other app.

Is this a manufacture issue or does more users have similar issues?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Phone overheats while calling - Leads to battery drainage!

if your phone is getting abnormally warm during normal operations, then this isn't normal behaviour. only times when i've had it warm are when being on the internet for an extended period of time, extended phone calls and extended gameplay.

if you have tried turning things off like unnecessary background services in the Settings, Location in the Settings, and Tap+Send and you are still getting appalling battery life, then you can try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). if this doesn't work, also check that you have installed all the Nokia system app updates in the Store, and if that doesn't work, then perform a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). Bear in mind that will delete all your personal data, so please backup to your PC / online storage etc.

Failing that, you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase to ask for a replacement, or if they are being less than helpful, take the phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.