Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Phone screen or buttons won't turn on

f1mikes
Accepted Solution

Phone screen or buttons won't turn on

Hi,

I have the Nokia 920 phone from Rogers in Canada. I have been using it for a 4 weeks now and suddenly when it was on the lock screen won't show up just the background without the clock, wifi, 3G or any other icons showing. After that when the screen timed out I can't get it to wake up anymore. When I get a text, call, email it doesn't vibrate. The volume, power or camera buttons don't wake it up. The screen doesn't light up or the touch keys. Does anyone one of a solution or has seen this before? I still have a 60% battery so won't be able to try until tomorrow until the battery dies. Plugging it into USB, I can see the phone on the computer. 

Thanks,

Mike

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Try shutting it down by holding power and volume down button pressed at the same time for 8-10 seconds.

Please use plain text.
f1mikes

Thanks 93tid. It works. Just needed to reset but didn't know how. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

No problem, just check your date and time, they might have been reset. I missed an alarm once because of that :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.