Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Photos/Videos uploaded to Facebook set as private?

Contributor
MDak280

Photos/Videos uploaded to Facebook set as private?

Hello!

Whenever I upload pictures or videos to Facebook from my Nokia Lumia 920, they are set as private and nobody can see them unless I go onto a computer and make them public. How do I change this so that my pictures and videos are automatically set so that my friends can see the pictures and videos?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Photos/Videos uploaded to Facebook set as private?

have you checked the Settings in the Facebook app that is available from the Store? I remember seeing the settings in there....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

Use the on-device web browser (set to desktop version) to log on to full web site Facebook and check your default settings. My phone listens to my settings.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BarbieDall

From a computer, go to your Facebook Account. Click on Settings ... choose account settings ... then look for "Apps" in the lefthand column. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. You will see "Old Version of Facebook for Mobile" ... Click PUBLIC on that setting. It solved my problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lumiaspy

Hi,

Even after I have change the app settings on facebook, under the 'Old versions of Facebook for mobile' to friends, if i were to upload photos to facebook via Share option under the camera roll...the photos will still be set as private...anyone has the same problem???

Please use plain text.
SoundItUp

Yep. Same problem. If you're taking a photo to share, do it from within the Facebook app, and change the security setting of the photo status update before posting.
Please use plain text.