Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Pictures from skydrive to Lumia 820

Contributor
Petrani

Pictures from skydrive to Lumia 820

Saved pictures from old phone to skydrive - how do I get them back to Lumia 820?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Iumia

You need to download the Skydrive app from the store on your L820.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

As mentioned above download the skydrive app. Sign in with your live account. Sync it. Then on opening the photos folder you will get an option to download photos on your phone.

Other way would be install the skydrive application on the PC & then connecting the phone to PC & copying it from there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Petrani

Have skydrive app on phone, no sign in needed, don´t have a clue how to sync it because there´s no options for such.
Have skydrive app on PC but for whatever reason can´t get the phone to connect with PC. PC has W8 and everyone says just plug the phone in and it will tell you how to proceed but not this one...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Once you open the skydrive app on the phone, it will automatically start sync. It will take time depending upon your network speed.

Is the phone visible in Windows explorer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Petrani

Network speed should be okay.

I´m using chrome but checked explorer (signed in) and nothing special. I don´t even know what to look for.

This whining must be so frustrating to someone who actually understands these things... sorry.

I´ll try tomorrow with fresh thoughts after a good nite sleep. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BenFJ

[ Edited ]
I am having the exact same problem, I can see it easy to upload from the phone to skydrive and have all my music saved to skydrive. I can find no way to sync so the music is on my phone. I can do it manually with a cable but surely the point is so that when I buy a song on my phone or computer it is automatically on both? Some help would really be appreciated. I have the skydrive app and whatever I try I cannot get the music from skydrive to my phone without the cable...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

For pictures, have you gone to the 'Photo' section and looked in the skydrive albums?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BenFJ

Yeah that's not the problem, my pictures are on skydrive and any new ones I take go on skydrive. What I am wanting to do is get my old pictures and more importantly music from skydrive onto my phone. You seem only able to upload to skydrive from the phone, not download. Am I missing something or this just a downside to the phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

u can actually download from Skydrive to phone. Open Photos on phone. You should see a few folders containing photos on Skydrive such as Camera Roll from Skydrive, Mobile uploads from Skydrive and Social uplads from Skydrive. These folders are links to those on your Skydrive. Now select the folder and then the photo you wish to download to your phone. Then tap on 3 dots followed by save to phone. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Are you sure this works as when i tried it it just saved the photo to the saved pholder on the phone  not the skydrive folder

Also when you download to phone you have no location options 

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Photos auto uploaded to Skydrive will appear in the Camera Roll (Skydrive) album. If you download it should go to Saved photos. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

What his goal is would be having an album on SkyDrive and egtting that to the phone. This is not supported and all images will be in one place (saved). While I can understand why he is asking and why he wants this, we've been discussing this here..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Because there is no other way of creating albums on the phone
As other post
Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.