Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Portico Update Bugs - 12/19/2012 AT&T Updates ...

tboggs13

Portico Update Bugs - 12/19/2012 AT&T Updates for Lumia 920

Prior to the update just released on AT&T, I had very few problems with my phone. The only repeatable issue was with a lockup immediately following pairing with a new bluetooth device. Once paired, the phone never locked up again until I paired with a new device.

Since the update, I have had several issues:

1. The screen brightness adjusts automatically for no apparent reason. Up and down repeatedly, quite often settling on a dim setting that makes it difficult to read. I never experienced this prior to the update.

2. Third party live tiles do not appear to be updating. I do get updates for mail and message counts, but USA Today, Amazing Weather, MyStocks no longer update without entering the app. Sort of guts the whole Windows Phone experience.

3. Hard a very hard lockup of the phone the first night after the update when charged wirelessly. The phone did not charge until I placed it on a wall charger and did the volume + power reset.

4. In the dark last night, I noticed that the capacitive keys did not light up while I was using the phone. This happened at the same time I was experiencing the dimming of the main screen.

My wife's 920 is also experiencing the backlighting issue. The good news is that so far the update does appear to have fixed the problem with here phone locking up daily.

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Re: Portico Update Bugs - 12/19/2012 AT&T Updates for Lumia 920

Try the following to fix the brightness issue:

1. Take your phone into a pitch-black room
  2. Power on
  3. Slide your lock screen up

The phone might need to get a baseline reading of light including very low/no light to recalibrate.

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
hafenbrack

My wifes and Lumia 920's are both having this same problem. I have tried the taking it into a dark room and restart for a baseline brightness setting...well I still have the constantly adjusting brightness, which is very annoying in a "dark" room.

Please use plain text.
tboggs13

Same here, dark room fix didn't work. Overall, the brightness while in auto just seems dimmer and harder to read. We really need the ability to adjust the base brightness even while in auto. Before the update, the brightness was great for me, but I am sure everyones preferences are different.

And brightness is just one of the issues I am seeing. "Dead" Tiles are probably the worst.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tboggs131

Live tile issue was resolved by one more reboot. Don't know why it took several reboots to get them working again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tboggs131

We have encountered two additional issues since the update. My wife's 920 locks up when streaming to bluetooth. I have tried both Nokia Music and Xbox Music over bluetooth. After 10 - 15 Minutes, the  phone just locks up mid song and requires a hard reboot. My 920 does not have this issue. We are connecting to a Nokia Play 360 speaker.

My problem is with Ford Sync over Bluetooth. When playing music or Audible books it is fine, but when playing podcasts from Xbox music, there are very loud and frequent popping in the speakers. I have tried several different podcasts so it isn't a bad recording.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi Tboggs,

although drastic, with the continued problems you are facing, i would suggest performing a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). remember to back up all your personal data first to PC and / or online storage first. if this does not rectify your problems, then you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase at AT&T.

if they are being less than helpful, you will need to take your phone to your local nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.