Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem dialling certain digits with Lumia 800

Counsellor
GeoffN

Problem dialling certain digits with Lumia 800

In order to find out how much pre-paid phone credit I have with my carrier, I can dial #123#, which works with my SIM in my iPhone (unlocked) and I get a response giving my available credit. However, when I try to dial this combination of digits with the same SIM in the Lumia 800 (unlocked), I always get the message 'failed'. Can anyone suggest how I might dial #123# on the Lumia? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Problem dialling certain digits with Lumia 800

Hi GeoffN,

Usually service codes are in the format *[number]#

For instance by dialling *100# on my Lumia 800 I will get my calling credit with my carrier.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GeoffN

Thanks, but that doesn't work either; just returns 'wrong format'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
verjic

Hi Kosh, I have this problem too with my nokia.
If I dial *115# at my carrer I recieve my credit info but after I dial this service code I recieve the info in 2-3 min ! I use my sim with iphone and there I have response in 3 sec.,
Other service code is *100#, if i dial it i can choose different servie from my career. It also took 2-3 min to appear the menu, but after the menu appear, i can't choose from menu any option. there is just ok button and thts all. how to proceed?
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

It's not the phone's problem. WP7.5 doesn't support USSD codes.

Please use plain text.