Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with massive battery drain on nokia lu...

Numak

Problem with massive battery drain on nokia lumia 620

[ Edited ]

My nokia lumia goes from 100% to 0% in few hours. I have all background tasks disabled, email sync disabled and no wifi/cellular connection. Battery saving mode doesnt solve my issue. This happens when i leave the phone in stand by (with screen off). The drain is getting worse and worse.

Screenshot: http://i45.tinypic.com/20at7yd.png

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andyshine77

Re: Problem with massive battery drain on nokia lumia 620

My 920 acts the same way. I've had two phones and both have had the same issue. At this point my best advice is to move to a different make and OS. This is coming from someone that's owned nothing but Nokia phones sense 1999.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Does this including NFC off? That one feature is power-hungry and I found that turning this on (On my Lumia 620) will drain its battery from full charge for no more than 5 hours.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Numak

[ Edited ]

yes, it's off :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
V1T4L

Hi, I had this issue to, do you have any of the Nokia exclusive apps installed?

for me one of them was cuasing a masive drain on my 920. 5-6 hours and my phone would be dead as a post.

after factory reseting a few times I narrowed it down to a couple nokia apps, I not sure which one it is. I should probably test it further to figure out which was causing my issue.

Please use plain text.
Numak

[ Edited ]

well after switching live tiles off and removing backups, my battery seems to be normal. But why would I have a windows phone 8 if live tiles didnt update?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boovish

I'm having the same problem but only with a Lumia 822
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

boovish wrote:
I'm having the same problem but only with a Lumia 822

You may want to check out this link on how you can prolong the battery life of your device: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/troubleshooting/?qt=Battery%20life&comp=nokiatroubleshootingconte...

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oteCortes

The blog to get better batery life not works

This happend to me 2 times and the mobile have 1 and a half  month. First time I HardReset the terminal and works but today start again. I get it off the wall 2 hour ago and i just get it from the pocket and i have 47% battery...

No wifi, no NFC, no bluetooth, mail on push...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oteCortes

I found the F****ING problem. Is the Twitter link!!! if you have accounts linked to your Microsoft account(Facebook, twitter) sometimes the twitter account link become crazy and start to sync every 5 secs!!! Go to your accounts setting and check if Microsoft account and twitter account are syncing continously and remove the twitter account and then the problem is solved. That was my solution. My 2 cents
Please use plain text.
coldcase

more of the same battery life draining fast after six months of use??? Lumia 822? I have checked everthing on this page and still happening?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brijesh139

same problem with my nokia lumia 620 .worst worst battery........

why nokia has forum, discussion board here even if they are not helping....

atlest they should give replacement to 2000mah battery if all the user are having same problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gillmbarker

What's NFC?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gillmbarker

Link to prolong battery life doesn't work. How do I find out which apps are draining my battery?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
michal601

I found the problem being in... to many apps installed. Just as I removed many unused ones the battery came back to its normal behaviour. Try unistalling rarely used apps and see if it works. It looks like to be some kind of bug in WP8 on Lumia 620 (maybe other too).

Please use plain text.
Szilu

Hello,

I have the same issue with the 620.

For a month everything was nice and dandy now..., it is very very disappointing.

I had the following issue the other day.

I have charged my battery have put it on my night stand, and in the morning the battery was completely drained.

I had everything disabled except location and NFC. No background tasks except the Weather application.

Day 2 same problem my charge lasted 10 hours out of which 6 was while i was sleeping again. Tried what other forums suggested open all applications accept terms, switch airplane mode on/off and restart. Extremely light usage a few messages and a 5 minute browsing session. Push, pull emails once a day.

The problem is extremely annoying please acknowledge it.

When will be a fix due?

The windows version i am using is 8.0.10328.78.

Please use plain text.