Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with night mode in Lumia 610

Registered Member
PrasannaBhat

Problem with night mode in Lumia 610

Hello. I am not able to capture good quality pictures in dim light. Pictures are very dark, look like there is a semi transparent screen in front of camera when the flash is enabled. Is anyone else facing the same problem? Anyone has a solution? Thank you in advance.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Re: Problem with night mode in Lumia 610

[ Edited ]

Some camera phones are not as good as the Lumia 920's in low-light.
When you try to shoot a picture with Night scene mode, try not to shoot it on the completely dark room. Try shoot them with flash on.

You can also set the ISO to the highest one (Which I believe it's 800 on your Lumia). But be aware that this also increase noise on your pictures. At the same time, once you shoot the photos, you can auto-fix them when  you view it. Remember though, that sometimes auto-fix does not do a great job and noise will be very noticeable.

My best low light photos are with Night scene mode on, flash on and ISO to auto. And it's shoot with Lumia 710.

But, what do you mean of semi transparent screen? Can you post a picture so that I can see it?

If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Problem with night mode in Lumia 610

Did you remove the protective film from the camera lens?

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.