Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with Lumia Camera - No Focus

billbennettuk

Problems with Lumia Camera - No Focus

So I just got my shiny new Lumia 800...

...and the camera won't focus.

No autofocus when taking shots, no manual focus when half-pressing the camera button.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Could possibly be a hardware issue. First I would recommend the standard of standard procedures which is to reboot the device.

I have noticed that my lumia is fast in loading the camera app, but there is a slight delay from pressing the camera button half way down and untill the white recangular outline shows up (starts to focus) and then when it has finished focusing I can execute and push the camera button whole way down.

Reboot and try again first.

If that doesn't work, within the camera app pusch the settings button and reset camera settings.

If that doesn't work:

If it's brand new I would guess you haven't manage to install tons of apps and everything else yet? In that case it could be worth a shot on resetting it - this should of course not be necassary with a new phone, but worth a shot.

And if that doesn't work I would return it and get a new one as this should be handled as a DOA product.

Good luck!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey  Billbennettuk, Welcome to the Nokia forums!

The Lumia 800 has a touch screen focus, is it this feature that is not working? Have you tried shooting in other camera modes?

If the camera is not focusing or not responding at all to the touch focus, it might be worth backing up all your information and doing a hard reset to fix your problem.

I hope to hear back from you soon, please get back to me as to whether or not you get it up and running again!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
billbennettuk

Thanks for the replies guys... unfortunately I tried all the things there and nothing worked, so I've sent it off to Nokia Care for a repair or replacement.

Here's hoping they can sort it...

On a side note, does anyone know how long Care usually take to sort out a phone and return it? A few days? A few weeks? Longer?
Please use plain text.