Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with os windows 7.5 and Lumia 710

drsarwar

Problems with os windows 7.5 and Lumia 710

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 710, my friends told me to go for an android phone by but as nokia doesn't uses android and myself being a nokia fan I opted for this windows phone by nokia (earlier I was using Nokia 5235, before that nokia N70, before that Nokia 6600, and the list is quite long from basic color phones to black and white phones al by Nokia).

But this time nokia let me down due to this windows 7.5 os.

This system lacks many basic things, which are available even in s4 phones by nokia.

1. File transfer from a PC or a smart phone is very difficult task in this phone. If you want to transfer a media file from a smart phone you cannot, as blue tooth file transfer is not possible. You can transfer media files only from your PC using Zune which works only with windows XP sp3 or higher  version of windows by connecting Data Cable. Other files like text or PDF files cannot be transferred even by this method and first you have to upload these files to Skydrive by using internet and again download these files to your phone using internet. These methods are costly and time consuming.

2. Lumia 710 doesn't have a file manager or file explorer by using which one can rename or manage files.

3. Downloading movies and music from sites like mobilemovies.com and other is impossible. Why Nokia is acting like moral police.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

All of these things are to do with Microsofts operating system which Nokia have no control over.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
drsarwar

Nokia should have crosschecked these things before using os.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The things you mentioned are all known characteristics for WP7. So everyone including Nokia knew what it would or would not do. So no surprises there. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

And this is totally clear when reading the phones specifications on Nokia's official homepage, for a loyal customer that are used to older Nokia phones and want to upgrade? No, it's not.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

As a matter of fact, it was very clear to this loyal customers who has been using older Nokias for a very long time. As with everything, you read the spec before you purchase. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

cjlim wrote:

As a matter of fact, it was very clear to this loyal customers who has been using older Nokias for a very long time. As with everything, you read the spec before you purchase. 

No. The specification of Lumia 710

compared to the specification of 808

says very little about how restricted the 710 is compared to 808.

The most horrific obscurity is about Nokia Maps.

One of the specs says:

Navigation features and services

• Bing Maps
  • Nokia Maps

The other one says:

Navigation features and services

Nokia Maps  

Which difference could anyone tell out of that? Not a word about that Nokia Maps means something much more basic on the phone of the latest generation.

So yes, I have read the specs.

Please use plain text.