Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Recharge of the Lumia 800 very very long

Advisor
AleWP7
Accepted Solution

Recharge of the Lumia 800 very very long

After the last update for the Lumia 800 I have a problem. The problem is that the recharge of the telephone takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes for arrive to 100%. Why? Is it not to much?
I already made a restart of the phone.
Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flakmonkey

2 hours 20 min is the stated recharge time for a full charge (from the manual), sounds like your phone is running as it should.

2:20 is a pretty reasonable time for a full charge, although you may be able to speed it up by a 10-15 mins by putting the phone in flight mode while charging, and obviously not using it while on charge too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AleWP7

I wrote this because before the last update the time of the recharge took about 1 hours and 30 minutes. However thank you for your answer!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DW14

[ Edited ]

So if it's 2+ hours, is it safe to charge overnight?

Does the battery know and turn off charging even after fully charged and still plugged in?

Can you over charge these batteries?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AleWP7

Sorry but I'm italian and I don't understand what you write. Can you write with others words? Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

DW14 wrote:

So if it's 2+ hours, is it safe to charge overnight?

Does the battery know and turn off charging even after fully charged and still plugged in?

Can you over charge these batteries?

Yes. Yes. No.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

AleWP7 wrote:
Sorry but I'm italian and I don't understand what you write. Can you write with others words? Thank you!

2:20h is OK for charging.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DW14

Good clarification, thanks :-)
Please use plain text.