Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Refund policy in India

peyush

Refund policy in India

Hi all,
Never buy any Nokia Lumia 710 phone. I bought Lumia 710 on 12 Feb 2012. After less then a day's usage when it is dead. It didnt work even after replacing the battery. I spent 15k on this and within a week it is dead set.
I asked for a new phone but was told that it will be decided by company whether they will repair this one or give me a new one. When I ask for refund I was told that Nokia has no refund policy (though they have policy to sell junk to customers). Just after a days usage if I get repaired/refurbished set then I think there is no point in buying Nokia phones.
Spread the message people

I was told that they dont have a refund policy in India.I think they are treating customers differently in different countries. If this problem would have been faced by someone in EUor USA Nokia would have refunded the money.

Can someone comment on this and let me know what happen in EU / US/other countries.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi peyush,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. If you have bought the phone from a retailer, you should contact them for possible refund. 

If you have bought it straight from Nokia shop, then contact them for possible refund if you are entitled to it according to the consumer Protection Act in your country. If the return policy is not valid anymore, then they have the right to try to fix the faulty device.

Please contact your local Nokia Care line if you need further assistance with this matter.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Professor
banlec

"Can someone comment on this and let me know what happen in EU / US/other countries."

The same in Poland. I bought N9 16 GB and wanted to return because it has not 16 GB as advertised but only 9.5 GB available for the user and they refused a refund. Just for comparison, I contacted Apple and they told me that their customer can return a product if not satisfied within 14 days. So, refund policy differs depending on reliability of the company. 

Please use plain text.
peyush

I agree Nokia is not a reliable company. I will make sure that none of my friends, family and colleagues never buy any Nokia phone.

Please use plain text.
rjha94

That is very true. Nokia India sucks. My Lumia 620 has this random reboot on signal drop bug. It keeps rebooting in a loop. Now you can understand my frustration. I have already taken it twice to Nokia Care and now it has been sent to Factory and I will get a reply only after 2 week. 

People say things like - return it to Nokia. But who the heck is Nokia here? The shop from where you buy does not own any responsibility. They redirct you to Nokia Care and after that you have no option but to play ball with them. At least in India, I do not see a way out apart from consumer courts. Read about my experience here : - 

http://www.quora.com/Windowsphone/Should-I-have-bought-a-brick-instead-of-a-Nokia-Lumia-620-windows-...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

In third world countries like India there is no such thing as refund or 1-to-1 exhange after you walk out of the shop. No matter how serious the defect you will be asked to send to Nokia Care under warranty. In EU and U.S. I have read of users exchanging their phones multiple times until they are satisfied. Due to the high probability of encountering defects buying a Lumia in India is a risk.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rutzs91

lumia mobiles are the worst phones ever. Nokia should always stick to build phones like asha etc. they donot have capability to mfg smartphones . bought a lumia 720 with phone call issues and took them 20 days for a replacement and even the replaced phone had the same problem (even worse actually).No refund policy at nokia india now they said they are going to replace it again and it will take 20 days.please go for an android device rather than buying a piece of sh#$ like lumia .

Please use plain text.