Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery...

Counsellor
Amithsiji

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

From where did you get the update. my phone or Zune both not showing any update!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

You have to manually apply it via Nokia Care Suite, but doing so will wipe your phone.

Hopefully it will be on Zune shortly.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

There is new update from MS
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx

But still Nokia had no clue on that?
as per Nokia the latest version is 7.10.7740.16

But in above link there is OS update 7.10.8107.79 which we do not have from our manufacturer at present

About Firmware the latest update seems to be 1600.2479.7740.11501 but still not reached India and many other country......and early January 2012 is almost over...I feel like why we are discussin these in this forum if no one from Nokia is really care about it....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Nokia Care Suite? Nokia PC suite is not even recognising the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

That's because PC Suite doesn't support it. Care Suite is something different.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

i got nokia suite 3.2.100 (thats what it says in the tab anyway) im guessing this is wrong for the lumia as i used it for my N8, but it doesnt work with the lumia.

so where would i find the nokia care suite to use with the lumia please?

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Nokia care suite;is a care point only tool and not to be used by the end user.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi,

We have noticed that an illegal link to Nokia Care suite software was posted on this thread and discussed. We do not advise our users to download illegal software from untrusted websites as this may cause damage to the device and void warranty. We hope users will adhere to this to prevent further issues with Nokia devices.

If there is an issue with Nokia device hardware, it should always be taken to Nokia Care point. You are very welcome to share your knowledge on the forum, but please have a moment to read through the forum Guidelines.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Looks like I'm not allowed to link to it (post removed), so all I'll say is read up on XDA Developers or something.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

where do i stand then?

its my understanding there is not a nokia care centre on the isle of wight any more, so am i expected to pay a small fortune to get a ferry to the mainland and drive to one just because nokia didnt sort a battery problem out, or cant get the update to me now?

edit, i just checked your web site, and theres 2 O2 stores that are, but im sure they wont want to know as im on orange, and the other being phones4u, yet when i called them 3 months ago about a problem with my N8 they directed me to another shop who used to be a care centre

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

The battery update is now available via Zune!

My Lumia just got the notification that there is an update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

ive had my phone connected to zune today and have had nothing, ive got the phone set up to check for updates and ive just checked it right now and theres no updates???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

I can assure you its available. My Lumia 800 literally about 10 minutes ago alerted me with the update available message on the home screen. Give it a bit more time, should get it. Failing that, just go to Zune > Update and check it manually.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

my data connection was switched off lol, just put it back on, so will see what happens.

ive used zune a handful of times so far, never checked for a update on there, how do i go about looking for the update on zune please?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

On the Zune Main screen go to Settings (In the top right hand corner region) make sure Phone is selected (On the left side) and then click Update on the left vertical menu. Should give you the update.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

okie doke fella, will try that right now

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

just connected it, no update showing, all it says is

you phone is upto date

current phone software version 7.10 (7740)

then it goes on about a restore point???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

Very strange. As you can see from other forum threads, others have also received the battery update. Might be worth giving your phone a quick reboot and see if it that gives you anything.

If not, patience I guess. I assumed, since it's a Nokia Firmware update that the roll-out would be for everyone, rather than some get it now and some later. But I could be wrong.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

reboot hasnt done anything, i'll play it by ear see what happens over next couple of days

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

[ Edited ]

Playing it by ear might be the smarter move right now. This update has broke the brightness settings by the looks of it.

You might want to hold off!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

ah, thats not much good then is it lol

Please use plain text.