Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery...

Counsellor
Amithsiji

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

/t5/Software-Updates/Rollout-for-the-new-Lumia-800-update-version-1600-2483-8106/td-p/1277517

Update is officially confirmed, I got call from my Nokia Care, and made an appoinment on Saturday...But Updaing phone from Nokia Care will completely flash your phone. You need to reinstall all Apps and Games like fresh phone.Only difference will be all your apps and games can be found out from your Windows Phone+Live account. You need to reinstall it one by one. using Wi-Fi or Ethernet........Well I do not have any problem with my battery...its fine...but what I hope with this update is that call ending issue to be solved.....And the quality of sound and camera....GSM Arena says Lumia 800 has best Camera HW but due to worst software we are not getting better pics...if correct sw update is made then it will be better than Iphone 4S pics..........Why This Kolavery Nokia :smileysad:...now we need to wait another 6 r 8 months for next update....and features of next update will be

• Improved battery performance

• Better Wi-Fi connectivity

• Better voicemail notification

• Local Scout improvements

As always........................
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

If Zune isn't showing an update, you can trick it.

Once you click update, wait a couple of seconds and pull out your network cable, it should sit on checking for a while, then find the update. Plug your cable back in and go for it. I did this last night, took me about 5 goes to time it right.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

As per Nokia

"The update will not be delivered to every Lumia 800 simultaneously, but rather will be staggered over the next two weeks through Microsoft’s standard update process. This helps each owner gets the update without any hitches. Around half of owners will get the update in the next seven days, with the remainder over the following seven days."

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Are you sure amith , I was about to visit Nokia care.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

[ Edited ]

Yup,  I got call from them and said that the update is with them....They assured me I dont have to wait in queue...They (NOKIA KERALA) are treating Lumia 800 customers as VIPs, ofcorse we are[Rs 30000!!!!]. Fixed an appointment on Saturday...Directly to Manager...they assured me to give it back with new update within an hour...but i wouldnt be doing it, because I dont want to reinstall all apps games from scratch...so i shall wait for Zune update, because any how I dont have the problem of battery :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rallicat

I have received the Nokia Update for battery life (and WiFi Connectivity).

So far the update seems to have improved the battery capacity, and coupled with the improvements that seemed to occur after the first few charging cycles, I'm fairly confident that the battery life is now comparable to my last smartphone - an iPhone 4.

I'd like to thank Nokia for supporting users with this sort of update.  It's important to make sure existing users (who are your best ambassedors for your producs) don't feel that they've been forgotten about the moment the sales process has finished, and that they continue to see their user experience improve over time, and feel looked after.

I hope that Nokia will continue to weed out bugs and keep the user experience evolving over time by supplying updates for it's products.

For those who have not yet seen the update .. my advice is to just wait a little longer.  The process of staggering updates is a sensible one as it means that any issues that occur don't end up affecting too many users.  You'll get the update soon enough, and it would seem that this type of firmware update is not at the mercy of carriers, inlike OS updates, which are!

Once again, many thanks Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

my full charge capacity has dropped from 1520 to 1266

please nokia explain why I have 200 mAh less than what im supposed to have. I bought nokia for quality :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

would someone mind explaining to me how i find out the mAh my battery is doing? all mine will display is the % remaining

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

Go to dialler, call ##634# opens up the diagnostics app
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

jragar 

thank you.

mine says full charge capacity 1520mAh so guess its good

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

jayrs wrote:

jragar 

thank you.

mine says full charge capacity 1520mAh so guess its good

Which firmware are you omn? on 451 I had 1520mAh as max, but only charged to 1250, now I have 1250 mAh as both max and what it charges to... others have 1450 though, so I assume my phone is defective.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

yeah got the 451

is the OS version 7.10.7740.16 the older version?

my full charge capaicty has drop since i last checked to 1514mAh, i guess thats normal?

ill charge it as its half empty now and see what it says after a full charge and you can compair it to yours

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

jayrs wrote:

yeah got the 451

is the OS version 7.10.7740.16 the older version?

my full charge capaicty has drop since i last checked to 1514mAh, i guess thats normal?

ill charge it as its half empty now and see what it says after a full charge and you can compair it to yours

on 451 it is normal to fluxuate around that point.

if you can get the remaining charge capacity up past 1450 then your phone is likely fine and will *likely* function correctly on the new firmware:

fw : 500

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

righto

i will put it on charge now and see what it does

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

fully charged now.

voltage is up to just over 4, where as it was 3. somethign before

full charge capacity 1512mAh

remaining charge capacity 1421 mah

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Lucky dude :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
dauf

May i know what version of all your FW: 8107 or 8106?? Are there any difference between these two?

Thanks~

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Hurray i got the update os ver 7.10.8107.79 

Firmware revision number : 1600.2483.8106.1150

(Bangalore- India)

Now in diagonistics it shows as

charged 100%

voltage 4.3016V

currnet  64mA

Full chargecapacity 1473mAh
Remaining charge capacity 1473mAh

I will see how much it gives me back

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

manju6424 wrote:

Hurray i got the update os ver 7.10.8107.79 

Firmware revision number : 1600.2483.8106.1150

(Bangalore- India)

Now in diagonistics it shows as

charged 100%

voltage 4.3016V

currnet  64mA

Full chargecapacity 1473mAh
Remaining charge capacity 1473mAh

I will see how much it gives me back

well this is telling

us with 1280 mAh are only charging to 4.199 V - so basically the firmwares that are like that arent enabling charging over that, brilliant

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

I am finding my battery life to be significantly better since the update. Also if you are looking at the full charge capacity of the battery in Diagnostics app, this seems to fluctuate. Only look at it once you have fully charged the phone using a mains charger - at that point you should see the correct total capacity of the battery.
Please use plain text.