Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery...

Advisor
jamesg23

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

I found the same, after you mentioned it, but was able to switch HSPDA back on, just had to hold the toggle for a second before it would move.
Good luck....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sinny

Well after the 11500 update, my phones battery life has increased TREMENDOUSLY! it's early days yet, but after having only 9 - 11 hours predicted with battery saver on it shows 1 day 3-7 hours and doesn't drain hard in sleep mode.

Thanks nokia, hope more battery life updates come to improve it further but I'm very glad my phone is behaving normally now, atleast :smileyvery-happy:.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

i wouldnt say thats good tbh mate.

my first lumia which i sent back showed a day with battery saver off, my replacment phone from orange was much better, and even right now as im looking at the phone i have 51% battery remaining, last charged 1 day 22 hours ago, and i have estermated 1 day 14 hours battery remaining.

i dont have the battery saver turned on, although its set to come on automatic when battery gets low, and i haven't even had the battery update yet, and im getting a predicted 3.5 days standby when you add it all up, and thats with 3G on all the time, data and wifi are switched off untill i need them.

one thing i have found with my phone though, is to leave it on charge when the battery says its full, i give it a extra couple of hours, and it does make the phone last longer.

how long have you had the phone out of interest? as the replacment i have is getting for for prob about 6 weeks now

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

I've noticed the predicted time seems to work on some average of usage over an unspecified time. If you check it then do some phoning or surfing you notice (of course) the time drops. However if you then leave the phone alone for an hour the time will rise again!

I'd be interested in a guide to the diagnostics.. Anyone found one?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

could be right there, my phone showed 12 hours the other day, 2 texts came in to which i didnt even look at them, then a hour later when i had a chance to look the phone was as a dead as a door **bleep** lol.

guide to the diagnostics? do you mean how to bring the diagnostics screen up?

if so, go into the dialer, type in ##634# and accept it and its there mate

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

So I am now on latest 8107. After seeing all these posts, a hard reset seems to be the way to make the battery works. Of course, a hard reset means all the background tasks are not there again so the life of the battery "looks" like longer. Yet, my question is, whether after installing the applications as before, setting those sort of things sync like before, will the battery works in the correct way (about 1-2 days of life)?

I am unsure about it so I am not going to wipe out my phone and reset it before it is 100% the solution!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markust

I just got the update 8107. Even it is not mentioned in release notes I have noticed the following improvements:

-automatic backlight brightness is now working better/properly

-full charge capacity from 1520 to 1440 mAH

-battery status (on device diagnostic tool) is showing the right %

And the most important issue is that the battery life is now better!!! Now I am able to use Lumia as a business phone without being always afraid of running empty when travelling.

BTW. I did not do any hard reset.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

markust wrote:

I just got the update 8107. Even it is not mentioned in release notes I have noticed the following improvements:

-automatic backlight brightness is now working better/properly

-full charge capacity from 1520 to 1440 mAH

-battery status (on device diagnostic tool) is showing the right %

And the most important issue is that the battery life is now better!!! Now I am able to use Lumia as a business phone without being always afraid of running empty when travelling.

BTW. I did not do any hard reset.

Haha let's see how that goes in the following days as most members here are suffering from a drop of full charge capacity after a few charges!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
netkrusader

Ok I have updated to 8107 about a week ago and have not noticed any considerable change in my battery life.

Diagnostics still shows Full charge capacity as 1440 and remaining charge capacity of 1250 after full night's charge.

Battery still dies after 9-10 hrs of normal use i.e.

30 mins of music,

9-10 calls (avg duration 2 mins),  

3-4 txt msgs,

30-60 mins of gaming (Jewel 3/ Line birds),

30-45 mins of casual surfing,

bluetooth off,

wifi on,

data connection off,

battery saver off ,

Dunno how long it will take for Nokia/ MS to sort this out as patience is running out guys..scared to move out without carrying the charger.

Am a surgeon by profession and work in emergency services and phone have suddenly discharged during night calls when I was busy operating..

Please Nokia help your helpless and strangled customers.. 

Please use plain text.
whanafi

I purchased my Lumia 800 Black in Singapore just before Christmas.  Everythng worked great and I really liked Mango as an OS.

I now have the latest Zune and firmware update, and the phone has gone to hell.  Battery dropped 50% from a full charge in the 7 hours I was asleep - no calls, no WiFi, no Bluetooth, no apps.  Got on a flight from Frankfurt to Singapore, put the phone into Flight Mode, and it was dead by the time I landed. 

Called Nokia support, and they say what they always say, "bring the phone in to be checked".  I can't afford to go to VivoCity and queue for a softare problem, this is ridiculous.

FW: 1600.2483.8106.11500

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Last night I took my phone off charge, turned on battery saver and went to sleep.

My battery dropped from 100% to 59% in eight hours, without the phone being touched. Not good.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitin800

Hi Nokia,

I have upgraded to the latest version (  1600.2483.8106.11500 ), and my battery is STILL messed up.

I get a question mark on hte battery, and when i go to the diagnostics screen and then battery status. every value is just 0.

argghhhhhh.... Please help, i was told that the new update was meant to fix all the battery problems. but is has does nothing for me.....

my old version before upgrade was:  1600.2479.7740.11451

My NEW version after upgrade is:  1600.2483.8106.11500

The upgrade worked for me just fine, i.e. there was no issues during upgrade.  the upgrade took about 27 minutes.

And yes i am using the original charger that was supplied with the phone. and yes i have restarted the phone and all the other stuff that I have been asked to do.

Please use plain text.
Filosassi

Did you try with an hard reset? Mine after updating had the same battery life, but with an hard reset has improved. FW releases are the same of yours both before and after updating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aallonharja

I have bought the phone this weekend. I can see you have done NOTHING to improve the battery life.

You really are still sleeping there in Espoo, I must say.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Charged phone to 100%, turned on battery saver and went to sleep (again).

Result 100% to 23% in eight hours without the phone being touched. Jesus christ! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

now that is bad, if its losing 77% of its battery overnight doing nothing i would take it back for sure.

mine was last charged 11 hours ago and i have 98% battery remaining.

no hard resets, no battery update and everything bar the 3g is switched off.

with all these problesm and the amount of time the battery is lasting for some people, it reminds me of my first ever mobile, the Motorola MicroTAC lol

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

It's been fine for 2 months, it's just suddenly happened.

Have added a couple of new live tiles recently, will bin them off and see what happens (although I thought battery saver would stop them updating) tonight, be interesting.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PieterB

I would like a response from Nokia on the following question:

A number of Nokia Lumia owners on this forum report that the battery is fine after the latest firmware and OS update. Other people, including myself, have problems with a battery that discharges very fast after the update, resulting in a significantly worse battery life. My questions to Nokia:

- Is Nokia aware of this issue?

- Is there a plan to research and solve this issue? If so, do you have a date set for a fix?

- Is a workaround available for this issue, apart from restoring the previous firmware version? Does a hard reset really help?

now let's hope someone from Nokia actually reads this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

ah right i see, yeah could be them, i always turn my data connection off when ive finished using it, i know that seems pointless due to what the phone is and what it does, but for now im seeing how much data im using per month, i know a tile wont use much but for now, and due to battery issues with them i keep it all turned off.

might charge phone again and leave it on tonight and see what the difference is in battery life before i do the update

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Try switching to Airplane mode instead of battery saver and see how it goes.

Please use plain text.