Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery...

Advisor
jpow

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

hi ekw88,

yes those are the numbers i am getting if I am on E mode.

If i switch on 3G, i can see discharge rate shoot up to 500+ when im loading apps (like whatsapp messenger).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ekw88

I think I found a possible cause for the 88% issue.

I'm located in USA,

I decided to give the stocke nokia charger a go (that comes with a 120V convertor) and noticed after 4-5 hours of charging that it was stuck at 88%,

I then switched back to my Samsung charger (from my now deceased samsung focus), and it was able to charge past 88% to now 100%.

I still have the decreasing maximum capacity though, it dropped from 1516 to 1380 to 1270 to 1203 over the past week.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lomax_hjs

Is there a date known for the next update?

Also having battery problems :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hpgurufi

Hello! Resolved the problem. The phone does not charge to 100% even if so indicated. Charge it for at least an hour longer. I have now better battery life.

Nokia Lumia 800 with Unlimited 0.5M 3G connection. At home ZTE MF668 with Unlimited 15M 3G connection.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
netdevil

Wasn't able to update software thru Zune and went to Nokia care...even they couldnt...hence the phone was sent to their head-office..

Got it back today. Now the OS & Firmware versions are 8107...ran diagnostics shows full charge capacity as 1484 MAH...Hope things work ok now?

Will update soon abt battery performance... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
netdevil

Ok I charged it to 100% as per Diagnostics...the full charge and remaining charge both matched at 1460 MAH.

As soon I disconnected the charger within some 15 mins the capacity dropped to 92%...inference charge the phone further even though diagnostics shows 100% charged.

Its now 12 hours since last charge and the remaining battery charge is 58%...

I have used the phone for:

- 5 phone calls abt a min each. 

- surfing web via wifi...data connection is switched off

- playing Jewel 3 around 30-40 mins

- listening music around 30 mins

- syncing facebook & emails

This is significant improvement than earlier scenario when my phone used to show critical charge levels even within 12 hrs..

Will update soon... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
netdevil

Significant improvement from extremely poor battery life but still looking very average so far...
Please use plain text.
taspa

In the first days of use my lumia 800 used about 5%-units or more per hour. I was quite shocked at first, but now that I have used it a week and I have charged it quite intensively (plugged most of the nights and some 8h work days), the discharge has dropped to less than 2%-units per hour. For some reason the discharge (in diagnostics) was something like 240mA in the beginning and now its more like 150mA, when there's no apps on.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
netdevil

Finally completely discharged after 21 hrs and almost 30 mins..
That's a welcome increment in battery life...I feel charging it even after the diagnostics showing 100 % charged should do the trick and give me atleast 24 hrs of battery life.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TanelLass

[ Edited ]

Did a hard reset a few days ago to address battery problem. This is how it went with only 2g internet on at all times:

Day 0: Terrible battery life. 8 Hours or so. Drain in mid 300 mA
Day 1: Did hard reset and at 100% estimated battery life was at 1 day and 18 hours. Drain is at 160 mA while idling

Day 2: Charged second time and 100% estimated battery life at 1 day and 8 hours. Drain at 200 mA while idling
Day 3: By the end of the second charging cycle, drain while idling had reached about 220 mA. Did a soft reset by holding the power button and drain was reduced to about 180 mA while idling.

About to enter the third charge cycle. Would nokia replace the phone as this problem obviously isn't going to go away, but drain will accumulate and a reset is necessary after every couple of days to keep battery life respectable. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

For me the battery life has improved after the 11500 update and its performing quite satisfactory. I usually completely charge both my Galaxy S and Lumia overnight - the Lumia is faring almost eqivalant  to the Galaxy for me and gives around 20+ hrs with moderate usage. My usage pattern:

Calls - 60-80 minutes

Camera - 1 or 2 photos a day

Either WiFi or Edge is always switched on throughout

FB & mails - 30 min

Maps - 10 min

Games or Music -15-20 min

However I have noticed that in low signal environments, it goes nuts ! Usually if I place it in my bag and put it in the gym locker (wifi On), it sometimes drains very fast along with getting heated up.

Overall I am satisfied with the battery and it meets my not-so-high-battery-expectations from a Windows phone.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Professor

hpgurufi wrote:

Hello! Resolved the problem. The phone does not charge to 100% even if so indicated. Charge it for at least an hour longer. I have now better battery life.

That is in NO WAY a resolution....

Please use plain text.
Hoffer

[ Edited ]

@ hpgurufi - Worst suggestion ever. You speak as if we sit by our phones while it's charging...? No, most of us put the phone to charge overnight, and I'm sure it exceeds your suggested +1 hour.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
julev

Battery life really sucks.

I have the latest software (7.10.8107.79 and 1600.2483.8106.11500) and I also did the hard reset after updates. My standby time in FLIGHT mode is 12 hours!

Please use plain text.
costinul

I have the weirdest problem. When I got it (about a month ago, before the updates) the maximum battery capacity was 1500+ mAh , and the battery performance was terrible. After the update the maximum battery life was 1400+ (some 50 mAh less than the original value). I thought it was some tuning to maximize the number of cycles as LI-ON battery should not be "fully" charged. The performance was better, I only charged it over the night In the last couple of days the maximum capacity has decreased to 1300+ and now to 1190 mAh .... I am stunned , I don't get it. I am angry. What has happened ? This is THE ONE thing ruining a great phone. I would even pay to have it fixed. This is how much I like the local scout and the people tile, the fabulous display etc ....
Please use plain text.
Anzze

Have you tried uninstalling Diagnostics app? It is known as huge battery drainer. Restart your phone after you do it.

Please use plain text.
costinul

No, but how can the app drain the battery if it is not running ?! I am a grown man acquainted to ITC how am I supposed to make of that?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

Actually, something happened to my phone aswell when uninstalling Diagnostics.
From 50-60% battery after 5hrs it increased to +90% after the same time/usage.
I couldn't tell that the app was running either, but something helped by uninstalling it... Thats a fact.
But perhaps it's not going to help Your scenario.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markust

This is unbelievable! After just uninstalling the Nokia diagnostics app my phone is 79% after 9 hours. Before uninstall it was ~40-45% after same time. And it was not becauce of using diagnostics app - I have not used it for 3 weeks! So diagnostics app is using battery even it is not used.

Why isn't Nokia telling this to us??????? They originally "made" us install the app!

Please use plain text.
Professor

markust wrote:

This is unbelievable! After just uninstalling the Nokia diagnostics app my phone is 79% after 9 hours. Before uninstall it was ~40-45% after same time. And it was not becauce of using diagnostics app - I have not used it for 3 weeks! So diagnostics app is using battery even it is not used.

Why isn't Nokia telling this to us??????? They originally "made" us install the app!

It's not the diagnostics app doing it........

I uninstalled it and I'm still getting **bleep** battery. It was **bleep** before I originally installed it anyway...the diagnostics app is not to blame

Please use plain text.