Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery...

Counsellor
AndehX

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

The charger has no effect on the battery life. Thats a no brainer...
Please use plain text.
BenjaminPaul

Plugged in for a full charge, unplugged it at 14:30 and it says I have 15 hours of battery life estimated left, even after I unplugged it, sent two texts went on FB in the browser once it lost 7% of its battery life. I have the latest version of the firmware.

This really is a bit of a joke, someone at work told me that with their lumia (not running WP7) had a shocking battery life when he first got the phone, but after 5 or so charges the battery life improved to last around 3-4 days!

I would at least like this phone to last 24 hours, otherwise I will be selling it and returning to my Samsung Focus WP7!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]

BenjaminPaul

have you read any of this thread? There's plenty of people that have said, Inc my self, that battery life gets better with more chargers.

Mine tells me I have over 3 days after charging now, when i first got it, it struggled to state over 24 hours

I spent 51 mins on  call last night and lost about 6% of the battery, which I think is acceptable given the problems this phone suffers.

I should also add, I had another phone update 2 days, it was a software update to fix bugs, not a battery update as I had that a while ago

Please use plain text.
bigfoot51

My NOKIA LUMIA 710 is 30 days new.  I was having no issues with the battery draining.  My phone battery was NOT DEAD when I first placed it on the charger.  When the battery was low, I attached the mini-usb to the phone and left it there for 8 hours.  But, when I found it dead, I discovered that the other end of the usb was NOT attached to the wall socket!!  Now, I've had it on the wall charger for 4 days and cannot charge it so I decided to look up 'known issues' and found this site!!!!!! What is wrong with my phone???

Please use plain text.
goneonagain

[ Edited ]

I suggest that anyone that used/uses the Diagnostic Tool (dial in app) that you Uninstall it when finished.

I turned it on at noon and went from 95% to Critical low warning at 6pm.That was after backing out of the app past the home screen, Airplane mode on and mostly standby.

8107-11501

Lumia 800

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gund

Fail. You are wrong and misleading others.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

My battery life after the latest update 12070  and nothing has changed...my battery barely lasts 16 hours,and that is with minimal usage. There is obviously another issue...and 2 of my others friends phones behave exactly the same way...even with the latest update.

I'm honestly really disappointed with Nokia...I thought that they would be back in the game, but  what use is a phone if it cant even stay on. Come on guys, this is really poor....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Erazor84

[ Edited ]

with the 12070 update the drain increases on my lumia. with the 11500 update my lumia lasts 14-18 hours with minimal use (2 minutes data usage and 1 call). with the 12070 update my phone has a 13% battery drain from time to time and lastas 7-12 hours.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

[ Edited ]

My battery life is erratic. The first time I installed the last update it plummeted from 30 hours to around 10. Uninstalling it put it back to 30 and reinstalling it kept it around 30. There was then a steady increase and yesterday evening I had reached 40 hours. Charged it overnight and today with almost no use has run out at 17 hours.

Please use plain text.
DWhiteR1

The battery life on my Lumia 800 is also erratic

Charges all night and some days only lasts until 1 pm with only very light usage.

This is after installing 12070 update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ChRoM

Got the 12070 yesterday evening. The one thing I noticed so far: The diagnostics app now tends to show power usage of 75 mA when it used to show 150 prior to the update. Not sure if to believe that number though. My battery still went down from 100 per cent to 85 per cent over night.

Btw, Nokia conveniently removed all of the additional readings formerly shown by the diagnostics app. It now only shows Voltage and current power consumption. Gone is all the additional information like the max charge capacity.

I'll yet have to see see how the phone performs during the next hours.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WP7FanBoy

I got my Lumia 800 almost a month ago and it was barely surviving for whole day with just normal stuff everyone does. Then after 12070 update (which i forcefully did), i noticed a small improvement in battery - but it wasnt still good. Couple of days back, i restored my phone back to factory settings (but the firmware still updated to 12070) - since then i am getting a battery life of over 40 hours easily with my 3G, WiFi on all the time, did some downloading, radio streaming as well - so may be the trick is to get the 12070 update and then restore the phone to default factory settings - you can take a full backup of contacts and other stuff on skydrive or local system. hope this crazy trick might work for somone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jussisolja

Just updated and battery life is even worse than before :smileysad: 1hr after full charge and down to 93% and estimated use time left 14hrs.

I'll try the reset and see if that helps. Done that before as well and it helped but after a while I was back in this situation of barely getting through the day on one charge. The performance is weirdly flaky and I have found no concrete link to any feature or usage that might cause it.

I hope Nokia reads this thread and reaches out to the affected users for in diagnosing and fixing the issue.

P.s. This is my 3rd Lumia - all have suffered from the same issue...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jamesg23

My lumia battery doesn't seem much better since the update, left off charge over night, push email on, WiFi on, 3g on and battery drained to 67% over 8hrs. I have an iPhone 4 from my work and under the same conditions drain was only about 5%. Also yesterday during some heavy usage the battery drained to 54% in under two hours. I really can't believe that the battery issue has been solved as the drain shouldn't be so high. Also this is my second lumia as the first was replaced as the battery wouldn't last 8 hrs!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crystal405

[ Edited ]

Anyone else experiencing the same?

3G on: Horrible Battery life (only if there is real 3G or 3,5G signal)

3G off, E maximum data connection speed: Very good Battery Life, up to 3 days with medium usage

Whatsapp installed, Location, Wifi etc is enabled.

For me it seems obvious, that the 3G function is faulty.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

I have been using 800 since three months, Initially i got a worst handset which didn't last for 5hours with normal usage, now when i have exchanged it with new one and installed latest update12070,

Still i am facing the same problem, my battery charge lasts only for a day(Max 8-10 Hours) with no WIFI,No Bluetooth,No 3G, a very few calls approx 1-2 Hours, and 10 SMS, thats it, This is what my smartphone gives me back after cleaning up my pocket.

Even though i restored the phone to factory settings twice after update - no result

patiently finished more then 30 charge cycles - Still no result.

When is the phone going to work.

NOKIA what shall  i do with this METAL piece.

Please use plain text.
mezla

Have exactly the same issue. 3G off - lasts for 36 hours+ with moderate usage. 3G on - dies in under 12 hours. Same usage. Something is fundamentally wrong with Lumia 3G connection. That's an NZ Lumia with the latest firmware.
Please use plain text.
olumite

^

That has been my experience also. Still have around 50% battery after 14hrs of light use. With 3G enabled, the phone would be on its knees after only 8hrs!! Am running latest firmware.

Whatsapp

Email - full push

3G - off

Wifi - on

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maijay

Re: Reponse to customers' questions about battery life

I too find with 3G on I'll be lucky to get 14 hrs of use but in 2G /Wifi it will give me at least double that.

Checking the diagnostics:

2G reports between 68 to 84mA with the odd spike to 114mA

3G reports between 89 to 289mA

With 3G it can hover around 89 to 96mA then for no apparant reason switch to  around the 230  to 280s then bounce around the 180-220's back to the 90's then back up to the 230 - 280's

Emails are set to hourly and these mA jumps are not caused by a downloading cycle

My Lumia is running the latest firmware and had a factory reset as otherwise I don't find these updates work properly.

Please use plain text.
dennisson

Re: Reponse to customers' questions about battery life

What i have noticed after update to 12070...

What b***s*it.. still lacks battery. I charge it every night, unplug charger in the morning. When i come home from work (10 hours) it has gone into savermode. Minimal use.. I have WIFI OFF, GPS OFF, BT OFF, NO FACEBOOK. 3G ON.

I make about 3-4 calls, 1-10 SMS and listen to music about 1 HOUR. (tunein radio) -Battery drained..

And soundqulality.. Jesus.. now it is TO MUCH BASS!!! I have to lower it to minimum on the receiver that i have connected it to via 3,5mm plug. Via BT the sound has "normal" bass, but the 3,5 plug is **bleep**! It has allso very low sound volume.

I would like a equalizer app..

I would like to "downgrade" the phone to previous F/W, but thats not possible i quess?? I think the new update made the phone worse.:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.