Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Response to customers' questions about battery lif...

Advisor
Atul11

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

I usually get 24-30 hrs of battery life. Not sure what happened since my last charge.

Current status says:
Remaining Battery Life: 36%
Estimated time remaining: 18 Hrs
Time since last recharge: 3 Days 4 Hrs.

Which is really amazing to me.

My usage is moderate and switch on 3G only when required. all e-mails are on manual mode (checking 2-3 times a day)
And 5-6 calls a day (60 min total duration)

Atul

Current Phone: Lumia 710
Please use plain text.
Contributor
itseyraud

I set all email accounts to various levels of polling instead of push and the battery life skyrocketed.  Clearly there is something wrong with the push code that drains the battery way faster than it should.

Please use plain text.
wakalakaboom

Re: Reponse to customers' questions about battery life

well said mkr, nokia shouldnt expect customers to blend, adapt and accept that their mistakes are acceptable and ok for it to happen
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrNitun

Hello,

Can Nokia please help us with this battery issue?! I hope someone can respond. I know there are moderators on the forum who are trying their best to respond to everyone...we all are grateful.

However, we just need a darn fix to our battery drain issue. My phone dies by midday of regular usage (4 email accounts checking every 15min), Facebook, Internet surfing, and less than 30min of calling during the morning.

What is the problem!? I let go of my iPhone 4s for this Lumia 900. I have been a long time Nokia fan. I came back to them because I am a loyal customer. I am just so shocked at the outcome of my "rejoining Nokia"....a phone that lasts half a day with very moderate use!!

Please help us Nokia.
Dr. Nitun
Nokia Lumia 900
Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jakeway

My Lumina 800s battery life has started getting worse again. After the last major update I found the battery would three or so hours longer each day... but recently the battery has started dropping off again.

I would get 16-18 hours I wouldnt see the battery saver at all.  I am now getting 11-13 and see the battery saver appear around 9pm each night.

I turn off Wi-Fi when out, I have my email sync each hour and most apps are switched off in the background.  

Will the Tango update help improve the battery further? If not can Nokia offer a service to add a larger battery to my phone? I would be willing to pay for the upgrade as I’d rather pay a little extra and have a phone the easily last a full 20 hours, than worry about every day about how I am using my phone.

Please use plain text.
610user

I think this issue is common to all Nokia Lumias.  I just bought a Lumia 610 in the Philippines. Battery life was fine in the beginning.

I bought on a Thursday and on Monday checked to see how long the battery would last. It held up on standby almost 2 days with a few texts and calls. Tuesday night I recharged from late evening till morning. After that battery life has been erratic (the long charge shouldn't matter at all because we have 3 iPhones and an HTC Incredible S who have very good battery life and I've never "conditioned" the batteries). I can charge the HTC evening till morning, make it the whole day with some text and calls, fall asleep at night with it listening to Pandora about 2 hours, and it still has enough juice to get me through the next day.

Most days the Lumia won't even make a full 8 hours on standby. Even with everything turned off it's difficult to single out what is causing it except that making Edge the fastest connection and turning the screen brightness to Low/Auto helps... it drops to around 100mA or less just before the screen locks.

Uisng the Diagnostics Tool battery discharge fluctuates WILDLY. Sometimes it will be around the 200 to 300mA but most of the time it will fluctuate between 200mA to 600ma even with nothing going on except the Diagnostics tool. Pretty much everything is turned off.

But turning everything off is ridiculous. What's the point in having a "smartphone" that's dumbed down or too dumb to manage itself.

The first few days with the Lumia 610 made me a fan of Windows Phone and Nokia, but the last few days is making me change my mind.

Please use plain text.
610user

I have a brand new Lumia 610 and the battery life has also been erratic. Right after I bought it the battery life seemed fine then after a few days it suddenly began discharging completely within a few hours.

I still can't ficure out what it is but from the Diagnostics Tool it shows the discharge rate can vary wildy even with everything turned off. Averaging 250mA and sometimes shooting up to 600mA.

Turning off 3G and lowering the brightness to Low/Auto with everything else turned off would only get me to under 100mA just before the screen locked.

It's pretty ridiculous when you consider how underpowerd this device is and that I an iPhone 3G can do so much more before even giving a battery warning at 20%.

Please Fix This!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rithu

wen is de new update for nokia n8 is going to be available because i'm facing a very big problem wit my current nokia belle refresh. I'm facing problem with browser, nokia store and many more and is there any way we can increase the processor speed as 680MHZ is really very very slow in my nokia n8. Really i never thought that the nokia belle refresh update will be so worst like this i never thought that nokia would create de software update so worstly really fed up with nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rithu

why nokia is not going to launch android phone reall androids are far better than the symbians really superb apps are available in android n android phones are also awsome
Please use plain text.
Rjei

It was early january this year when this problem started. Every time I charge my phone and leave it for some time, after I get back, the battery is still not charged even the batt icon shows it's charging. I ran my diagnostic app and found out that every time I connect my charger, it would show that it is "Discharging" even the batt icon shows otherwise. There would be times that it would say "charging" but after sometime it would again go back to "Discharging" status. I had my batt check and it is in good condition, my charger is also in good condition. What can I do with this problem. Please help. Thanks.

Please use plain text.