Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Response to customers' questions about battery lif...

aminulhoque24

Re: Nokia Lumia eating all my data even when using my home WIFI connection.

ive had my line rental for a couple of months now.. i just bought the phone brand new thats all, but its eating all my data even when im at home using WIFI.. which is creepy.. however i have found something within the manual that is indirectly relating to wifi and data use. thats the location services, so i turned that off from the master switch that is from settings then location.. then i started using wifi as normal and it didnt eat into it.. used for an hour or so with this method..

hope this helps, but are there more simpler methods or am i stuck with this.

Please use plain text.
windfaller2011

Re: Reponse to customers' questions about battery life

I get up at 4.15am and finish and off to bed by 10.30pm and now I have had the 800 for 2 weeks the battery is fine.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Merijn

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

Hi All

My software update did not go well at all.

Suddenly my battery indicator shows a question mark: ?

Running the Nokia diagnostic tool showed me the phone has no idea what the battery status is.

The battery saver works, but when opening it in the settings menu is seems confused as well. Available hours fluctuates massivly

Please Nokia: advice me what action to take.

Kind Regards,

Merijn

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mayer37

Despite the fact that my full charge capacity is around 1500 mAH, the charged amount never exceeds 65553%, and this is the same for many others. Does anyone knows if this is a known issue and that Nokia is aware of that???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hjkiddk

I think the biggest problem is the 3G connection.

I have really bad 3G in my apartment.

I have tried to fully charge the phone before i went to bed.

Battery status after 8 hours standby:
Data/3G/WiFi = OFF. Batterystatus 98%
Data/3G/WiFi = ON. Batterystatus 50%

I have WiFi at home and at work,  so actually my 3G is almost always off.

I've made a tile to turn it on and off, so i only turn it on when i need it.

Please use plain text.
r4ndom4is

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RockEviltwin

[ Edited ]

With 3G on I also have ridiculous battery times. When turning on the phone immediately gets warmer. Diagnostics Tool also shows a several times higher discharging rate than with 3G off. I made some screenshots below to prove:

1. (Wifi off, BT off, 3G off) -> 147 mA discharging
  2. (Wifi off, BT off, 3G on) -> 405 mA discharging (got even above 600 mA sometimes, gets very close to my charging rates when plugged in (when is 3G off))

(Software- Version 7740 with newest Firmwareupdate)

Nokia only announced a capacity improvement for the next update, but my problem definetely is the fast discharging rate, so I am very disappointed. I also tried a second Lumia 800 and it showed exactly the same problems. My carrier is Telekom Germany which is official distributor of the Lumia 800 (but I got the device elsewhere) and I also tried the Network Configuration Too from Nokia. I'm out of ideas what else I can do.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

You now what Nokia Care people told me? When they saw this phone, they got surprised, they thought I baught it from outside India..they dont have any clue on Lumia!!!! I tried all setting to save the battery.just got a marginal difference,rest the charge is getting eated out by "the Software Bug"!!!!!like Windows Vista was eating our RAM....My Lumia is just like a PC working in UPS mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

I have another problem of strange behaviour of the Metro Apps...working as its own!!!! And ofcorse the device is getting hot when we are using it or charging it.....I paid Rs 30000 for this phone India,,around most of my friends told me to not buy a Nokia Smartphone...I ignored them...I believed in Nokia and I got paid for that:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
FunkyDunc

Just read this in detail as my Lumia (UK) is not even lasting one shift at work.

I downloaded an update a couple of days ago and it has made no differenec what so ever.

Where I work has no wifi so I leave 3G on, I don't see why I should have to switch it off, afterall its supposed to be a smartphone.

What is the update in mid January going to do, that already hasn't been tried in the update just released?

What are Nokia going to do about this, it is not acceptable to have a smartphone that can not be used as a Smartphone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

FunkyDunc wrote:

What is the update in mid January going to do, that already hasn't been tried in the update just released?

Fix the problem, perhaps. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

I've now used the lumia normally for a few days.

When it is fully charged battery saver shows 100% when usb still attached as soon as removed it drops straight to 94%

- not sure why this is.

Even with light use, a few calls, surfing for ten mins or so, playing a few games, checking emails and sending texts it lasts just over a day.

I can cope with this but hope the next update makes the battery last a little longer and the battery indicator a little more accurate.

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

Fully charged mine at 7pm yesterday. 

Battery indicator flashed up at 10pm tonight, given i  use mine pretty heavily, this seems normal- about the same as my last HTC Deire s. 

This seems about average, a little below par, but pretty much what i was expecting, certainly not enough for me to complain about. The phone works alot harder than my previouse android unit and is much more switched on. 

GSMARENA tested 35 hours of average useage, im not far off that, so im happy. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arr1975

Why not pre-installed a tool that buyer can check the batteryproblem and have the option to refuse the purchase. A respectable company would recall all defective phones, would fix it and would come with it. Mercedes company was not offended when he had problems - they have solved! Take their example!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LumiaRich

patriciaanne3 wrote:

I've now used the lumia normally for a few days.

When it is fully charged battery saver shows 100% when usb still attached as soon as removed it drops straight to 94%

- not sure why this is.

Even with light use, a few calls, surfing for ten mins or so, playing a few games, checking emails and sending texts it lasts just over a day.

I can cope with this but hope the next update makes the battery last a little longer and the battery indicator a little more accurate.

My lumia also drops to 97% as soon as removing charger.. This did not happen before the software update earlier this month.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Dear All,

My phone got replaced, Nokia Care came to my office and gave me the new pack..with A complimentry of Bluetooth headset of Nokia J, thank you. My batery details shows correct details now. But I will comment on the battery performance tomorrow the same time

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rs2401

Dont worry man, you will experience the same problems the very first day your warranty ends. Afterall it's Nokia's first attempt to use Windows and you became one of the guinea pigs.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

I live in Trivandrum. i must say something...When Iphone was first released it had a thousand problems..but Apple didint even accepted these problems..they silently fixed all these problems through replacements and software updates...this happened in USA!!!!!Here atleast Nokia accepted the issue..and they are ready to replace our handsets...For this issue, I raised with correct channels and I got call from different Area managers about this and they replaced it within 5 hours of raisin the complaint....In Kerala Nokia's instruction to their Service Centres is to replace it through Home Delevry...

However on Mobile Charging problem I will comment it on 12 PM IST.

Remember, my Brothers and Sisters in India,

It is NOKIA Who taught you to use mobile, who made mobile a day to day part of our lifes...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Guys I charged to 100% today morning at around 8 nad now I have 60% remaining..after all day usage...well I can confirm about my satisfaction tomorrow as I am travelling tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
parveen36

Hi, just bought lumia 710 4 days back.same battery problem as in lumia 800.plz let me know what should I do.
Please use plain text.