Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Response to customers' questions about battery lif...

Contributor
anban

Re: Response to customers' questions about battery life

Hi Nokia,

I am having a major pain point with my nokia lumia 800 bought a week ago. I have got the latest update and the version numbers all show up correctly in my phone. However, post update, I am getting a full charge capacity of oly 1379 mAH and my phone is lasting only about 12-14 hours on minimal usage. And yes, I have brought the phone settings down to really dumb levels following that FAQ of yours. And yes, even the battery saver is only giving me 1-2 hours of additional respite.And yes I am only making <30 mins of calls every day. On 2G.

I bought this phone as the specs online said it had the following specs

Stand-by Up to 265 h (2G) / Up to 335 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 13 h (2G) / Up to 9 h 30 min (3G)

Music playUp to 55 h

Right now my phone is more of a fixed line phone. It works beautifully when i have it plugged on. I cant really depend on it for travel and such. Can you guys please explain how do i use it.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

my first one was like that, orange sent me a new one and after a week and a bit the battery life improved, tbh, i get 2 days out of a full charge now, which is no where near good enough imo, but im waiting to see what the update will bring.

if your phone is still playing up like it after another week, i would take it back.

i say another week, if you only have 14 days to return it, then take it in the day before

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Guys my diagnostic now showing as full charge capacity as 1320mAh. . . Its fluctuating every time I connect charger . . .

Let me know about yours . . I guess the update itself is a bug
Please use plain text.
billthompson1

Hi,

Have updated to the latest software via Zune, but I'm not seeing an increase in Battery life. With full charge I'm geting at best a day, with minimal usage.

I'm now reading that I may need to get my phone flashed at a Nokia Care center. Can someone ITK clarify exactly what the situation is?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anban

Hi,

So I went ahead and talked to Nokia care folks in Delhi. They confirmed that the phone should last more than a day on full usage. They said that they will need to do a full flash of the phone.

The catch? It seems that only the mothership can do the flash and my phone will be gone for about 2 weeks. The second catch? When getting Lumia, my sim was trimmed to fit the micro-sim slot. I am now desperately trying to find a replacement phone without losing my number.

Regardless, will let you folks know if the problem is solved.

Have asked my other friends to desist from buying Lumia 800 till the platform is stabilized. Just too much pain and frankly not worth it currently despite this being the most beautiful phone till date.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

[ Edited ]

Try to make hard reset, I had that same problem.

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-800-after-update-to-1600-2483-8106-11500/td-p/1278835

Don't look to diagnostic- value is changing with every battery charge

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Thanks for the suggestion, but

How can i take backup of my contacts and sms? over phone as i am away from my PC. any Suggestion on this ppisniak?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

[ Edited ]

Contacts you can backup by Windows Live or gMail(sync), but there is no way to backup SMS(I think so)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

it was better in Symbian....: )
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

you can get a micro sim adaptor which makes it full size sim again, just be carful putting it in the next phone, it was a bit tight doing that on my N8

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

guys..I did hard reset and reset the device to factory settings still its not much of an improvement,,,

i charged it completely and used only for 3 hours (3G browsing, downloading apps, and couple of sms) now after 15 hours of charge it is showing as

Remaining battery life: 45%

estimated time remaining: 17 hours

time since last charge : 15 hours.

The phone was in complete standby mode for 12 hours.

any new thing is that i found a new tab in DAGONISTICS it says detailed batter status, in which it displays lots of values, graph etc which are far behind my understandings.

Any one have an idea on that?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Quentin1234

yes....all these problems I had too.....it's a pity because this is a beautiful phone!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hairychad

jayrs wrote:

you can get a micro sim adaptor which makes it full size sim again, just be carful putting it in the next phone, it was a bit tight doing that on my N8

WARNING RE MICRO-SIM ADAPTOR!!!

when removing the Adaptor from the N8 it can rip out the pins... be extra cautious!! I had to take mine to a Nokia Care centre to get it sorted.!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hairychad

manju6424 wrote:

any new thing is that i found a new tab in DAGONISTICS it says detailed batter status, in which it displays lots of values, graph etc which are far behind my understandings.

Any one have an idea on that?

The first time you hit ##634# it installs DIAGNOSTICS. Uninstall the previous one and run ##634# to get the updated one after the firmware.

simple as that :smileyhappy:

I think I'll try the factory reset to see if I can get your battery improvements though!! Thanks... not ideal though. curses Nokia! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayrs

[ Edited ]
hairychad

yeah your right there, i found that out the hard way first off as i put the sim in the wrong way round without thinking and had to claim off the insurance for a replacment handset

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Guys any idea of the new additions in the Diagnostics Setting page?

USB HUB, HSPDA etc....all of them are OFF by default but not able to change it to ON either!!!!!!!!!!And because of the software update my internet connection speed reduced.........earlier it used to show H as data connection now it is E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!which is pure GPRS...........
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Nokia Care guy called me and said the same thing..Hard Reset gave everyone good battery life......
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hairychad

Amithsiji wrote:
Nokia Care guy called me and said the same thing..Hard Reset gave everyone good battery life......

Does a "Hard Reset" mean the return to factory settings option within the settings/about section? or will further instructions break rules on this forum for hacking?

after a Hard Reset will I simply be able to log in with the same hotmail/Live account and be able to reinstall the apps that I bought?

and also, is good battery life anywhere near the official spec of:

Maximum GSM standby time

265 h

Cheers,

Colin

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

No defenetly not the reset in our phone...This is complete reset HARD Reset..that can be done by NOKIA CARE PEOPLE ONLY..I am not sure about the stand by time...If we get a battery life of more than 24 hours of use that is enough,,,comparing to what we have now :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hairychad

Amithsiji wrote:
No defenetly not the reset in our phone...This is complete reset HARD Reset..that can be done by NOKIA CARE PEOPLE ONLY..I am not sure about the stand by time...If we get a battery life of more than 24 hours of use that is enough,,,comparing to what we have now :smileyhappy:

when I spoke to my Nokia Care guy he said there's nothing to be done, so if this is 100% confirmed it may be worth me popping in after all :smileyhappy:

any advice on backing up contacts/content before/after taking it to the Care centre?

Cheers,

Please use plain text.