Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Restoring backup from old Lumia 800 to new Lumia 8...

Advisor
Dragonheart76NL

Restoring backup from old Lumia 800 to new Lumia 800

My Lumia 800 was just replaced by a new handset.

Is it possible to restore the backup (1-1-2012) from my old Lumia 800 to the new handset?

I tried using Zune for this. No success yet...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vkc1

Re: Restoring backup from old Lumia 800 to new Lumia 800

I would also like to do this, I have had a faulty handset with ridiculous batterylife, now I have been sent a new phone but I want to transfer all my email settings, linked inboxes, saves messages (personal and memorable) etc but I don't seem to be able to do it?

Is this feature not available for this phone yet? If there is a manual way to do it then please let me know how? (even it's more complicated, I'd rather mess up trying than not atttempt it at all)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dragonheart76NL

Re: Restoring backup from old Lumia 800 to new Lumia 800

I searched the internet for a sollution. Didn't find anything helpful.

Pictures, music, video's en podcasts can be placed on the phone using Zune. This only works if all the media was also stored on the computer. For this you select Instellingen in Zune (probably settings in English) en then select "Herstellen" (Restore?) in the Collectie (Collection?) tab.

Contacts are usually stored by your Windows Live account and can be used on the new phone. In my case I had to edit the contactlist again because all links and previous edited contacts were gone.

I was not able to restore the backup I made for my old phone with Zune. It looks like this is because Zune sees a new phone and doesn't accept it as the Lumia 800 that was previously connected.

All apps had to be reinstalled manually.

I sure hope this one doesn't die on me also.

Please use plain text.