Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Running applications background on Lumia 920 /...

Contributor
Darshan_dilse

Running applications background on Lumia 920 / 820 / 620 ?

Can someone please let me know if as with Windows 7.5 lumia models, there is issues on applications running background on windows 8 lumia 920/820/620 also?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Running applications background on Lumia 920 / 820 / 620 ?

No issues from what i can see personally and from others.
What are your issues?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Obviously if you leave the apps running in the background, then some will leave a considerable battery drain on the device. But with the proper measures in place, you should get great battery life out of any Windows Phone 8 Lumia device that you decide to purchase; battery life on my 920 has been great mate.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Darshan_dilse

Hi, thanks for the response.

Sorry, i meant, does applications run on the background or it will be just freeze state. For eg, if i am downloading something, will that continue even though i use other applications on the foreground?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i think that most applications support multi-tasking in the background, i for one have downloaded YouTube videos and switched to another app then back, and it has finished downloading my videos.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Like ios of apple devices, windows phone 8 also doesn't support true multitasking in all user cases....fortunately in case of downloading os does support multitasking.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arifino101

Hi people, 

is it normal on windows 7.8 that while i am talking on skype or viber i switch back to some other page, the call on skype or viber stops, please help if there is any tips for it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Yes, on WP7.8 when you leave an app it is suspended and so Skype will lose connection. In WP8 the whole viop handling is in the OS itself and works just like a normal call. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.