Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Screen is shattered, nobody wants to help me

Oronolek

Screen is shattered, nobody wants to help me

Hi there.

I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 800, from a private seller here in Toronto, thephone was originally sold in HK.

less than a week later, I dropped the phone from about 3 feet onto concrete, and the screen completely shattered.

So I called Nokia Canada for some help. They directed me to call Flextronics (authorized repair centre in Canada). I call them, they say they can't fix it because the phone is not supported in Canada. The also gave me a number to a repair centre in Vancouver as well, and of course, they said they don't support the phone either.

I call Nokia Canada back, tell them the story, and the rep I spoke to apparently escalated my issue. When she came back on the phone, she told me there was nothing I could do to get this fixed. I ask if I could just order the part through them so I can fix it myself, and she says Nokia doesn't sell parts to their phones.

So essentially, I paid $540 for what is now a shattered paperweight which everyone refuses to support. I don't believe I'm being out of line or anything, all I wan't is to purchase a screen so I can replace this thing myself or a service centre whom I can send it to. Why is this so hard?

Is there anyone at Nokia that can help me? Or am I just stupid for buying a Nokia phone? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Screen is shattered, nobody wants to help me

@Oronolek

Nokia warranty remains in region of supply i.e. HK, although paid for repair could be carried out in any region where Lumia 800 currently marketed.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

[ Edited ]

Come on Nokia - Do the RIGHT thing, help this customer. Stop pushing them pillar to post. This should be a very simple to solve issue and Nokia should have advice readily on hand to resolve this immediately upon first point of contact.

THIS is how big companies end up shooting themselves in the foot. Which right now, is the last thing Nokia needs. Lastly, warranties should be international for handsets.

Good Luck Oronolek.

Edit: Emails crossed in posting.  At least it looks like you can get it fixed - at great cost probably.  Funny that you can get a new screen & digitiser for an iphone for a few bucks these days and fit it yourself, but fixing a Nokia will break the bank!  Let us know how much they want to charge you.

Please use plain text.
Oronolek

I realize this, and I accept it. I'm just asking to get a replacement screen. I'm not asking for it for free, I'm asking for someone at Nokia to direct me to where I can pay for the part because service centres here can't help me.
Please use plain text.
Oronolek

I've checked 3rd party retailers, and none of them have this part in stock because it looks like there is no supply going to them from Nokia.

As time goes on, it looks like I'll be tossing this phone casing away.

Please use plain text.