Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Search only phone contact details (other than ...

Contributor
vk710

Search only phone contact details (other than name) with data connnection/3G switched off

Hi,

For the Lumia 710, is there a way to search details like mobile number, birthdays, notes, company name (i.e. everything other than just the name of the person) for contacts stored in the phone memory and with data connection switched off? I can't find a way. The search icon only searches person's name?? I have a Live email account and a Gmail.

Thanks guys

V

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

Re: Search only phone contact details (other than name) with data connnection/3G switched off

[ Edited ]

Yes you can.

The search does not only search through their name

When you search contacts it includes things like company name, nick name, comments and groups in the results, basicallty everything that is under the name section of the contact.

You can't search through your contacts against phone numbers, but you can in the call history.

I don't think you can search through birthdays but that is strange way to search for a contact.

You can see their birthdays in the calendar though.

This all works without data connection on.

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

Re: Search only phone contact details (other than name) with data connnection/3G switched off

Sorry I made a mistake with the call history, looks like you can only search numbers that aren't in your contacts list.

It would be good if you could search contacts by number, unfortunately you can't this is something we need to request from Microsoft, i would imagine it would be something Microsoft will add in the future if it gets enough requests.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vk710

Thanks. I will try it out as you suggested. And ya, MS will definitely fix it soon. They have a lot to loose if they don't move fast with their patches, can't take the time they do with their desktop OS :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

To be fair this isn't a bug and doesn't need patched just an oversight.
Please use plain text.