Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Severe echo for anyone I speak to

Registered Member
meoget

Severe echo for anyone I speak to

When I speak to anyone they experience an extremely loud echo. It is only on my Lumia 900 and only when I'm using the handset. If I use headphones or Bluetooth, it's fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mbaynham

I'm having the same concern except it is intermittent about 50% of calls with handset only. I've also noted its only occurring when I call a cell phone... Had att trouble shoot and they are at a loss to explain.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manimal

My wife just got one and is having the same problem. I was about to get the same phone, now I'm glad I didn't. With our jobs our phones are very important and I can't have a phone that won't live up to it's standards. Think I'll just stick with the good old blackberry for a while longer and see what get's done to fix this problem. At least the blackberry lets me have very good reception, which is the most important thing of all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am also having this issue with my White L900, only had it a week, phones4u phoned me the other day twice cause of the echo, told me to ring technical support on bottom of receipt, just going to take it back to store, try out a few more see if they have the issue.

May have to change to another phone :crying:

Please use plain text.
rfc0001

BTW, this only happens with call volume > 5, so turning call volume down to 5 is a workaround.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dhruv_tandel

This problem is also noticed in lumia 800...dont know whts the solution though...seems nokia doesnt care :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erocks80

Same goes for me im going to have to return the phone...its been 3 1 month and sample problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erocks80

thx, it works for me but its a pain most of the time it need to be louder and 5
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Does this happen when on headset as well as direct on the phone and/or in handsfree mode. Also are you using a (3rd party) cover?

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
tzrissan

Hi Kosh,

This happens only when speaking directly on the phone. Switching to headset or speaker kills the echo.

You might want to take a peek at the discussions on wpcentral:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900/190227.htm

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900/189495.htm

And yes, this is very annoying.

Please use plain text.

If reducing the Volume when in speaking mode to max 5 will also solve the issue as quick workarround.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Plystrern

My mother just got a lumia 900, and she also has the echo problem. This is VERY annoying! The volume has to be at max 5 to avoid the worst of the echo. The microphone on the lumia also seem to be of bad quality, since the sound is very "muffled" when i talk to my mother on the phone. 

I regret talking her into buying a WP over an iphone now.. 

Please use plain text.
RajkumarN

Hi, I'm also having the same problem facing for last few months. Every one was hearing that echo whenever I make a call...Could Nokia able to solve these issue in further Update? Otherwise I may have to look for some better phone with good service and lot more...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robinhood_yin

Comeon! Nokia, I have the same issue when incoming calls with annoying echos.I  bought this phone for my wife, this is called win so many awards, but can't solve this simple mic issue?! That is rediculous! if it is can't use as normal phone, why it is called a phone? how long this issue exists? months! why it still exists there without a fix?

Nokia , tell me why!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jakman2154

As of 30 October 2012 this is still a problem. I changed from the company issued 4s phone to the Lumia 900 and love the platform but have had people constantly telling me they are hanging up due to the terrible feedback/echo/noise.

The single most important funtion of this device is to make and receive calls - NOKIA - YOU HAVE FAILED.

Where Nokia once led the market it would seem the focus is now on making sure the hansets can do all manner of other tasks but have severely let the end users down with a simple responsibility. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Japio

Having same problem.
Still no fix?!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olanski

i'm having the same problem. what is Nokia doing?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sind_

I'm having the same problem. Propably a software issue related to echo cancelling.

Have updated to latest software. But, with no difference.

I'm thinking maybe echo cancelling is turned off when phone is not in speaker mode.

Are there any settings i can change to make echo cancelling always on?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rakker

Hello Nokia, what kind of service is this. letting all of us hanging out there...?

Why is there no technician from Nokia or something replying ??

Should we start talking about the ratings of this phone????

Should we start talking about the **bleep** we experience with this phone??

Should we recommend others this phone??

Should we recommend anything from Nokia??

Where is the Company that was world PHONE leader??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

This is a user to user forum and general rants are absolutely pointless.

If you want to contact Nokia direct, use the Nokia Support link at the bottom of the page.

If you have a specific problem with your handset, we can only try to help you if you explain what it is. If you have the same problem as stated in the title of the thread, take your handset to a Nokia Care Point. You can find the one nearest to you also via the Support link at the bottom of the page.

Please use plain text.