Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Severe problem or bug of battery of lumia 820

Counsellor
galaxydirector
Accepted Solution

Severe problem or bug of battery of lumia 820

I bought a new battery for my lumia 820, so that when one is out of power, I could switch it to another......

however, when I switch to another, it is always show me the percentage of previous battery!,!!! :crying:

so........ when one is no power, another also cannot turn it on!!, !      what's wrong with system?!?!?.???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

strange behaviour indeed. first time that i've heard this issue reported. well, it is never recommended to let your phone battery run out, as part of good general battery use practices, so perhaps try replacing the battery with the spare when the battery life is still at 10 or 15%. i agree that the phone shouldn't make errors in reporting the new battery as having no juice.

have you also ensured that you have all the latest Nokia system app updates installed from the Store? and possibly try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

galaxydirector wrote:

I bought a new battery for my lumia 820, so that when one is out of power, I could switch it to another......

Are you powering down device to change batteries or literally waiting for one to die before changing it?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
galaxydirector

Both... I tried to change it at first time I got it at 70 percent of first battery, and I didn't pay attention to that... However when first one out of juice, the second one also showed no battery... So I tried to test them and found this phenomenon...........
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
galaxydirector

I am sure the setting part are latest because I update them from time to time.... I would try to soft reset and hive u feed back
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
galaxydirector

you are correct!!! successful....soft reset help it! but it is really tough.... hope nokia can fix it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

awesome, glad to hear the issue is successfully rectified :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.