Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Shorter battery life after Windows 7.8 update ...

Advisor
gbrugman

Shorter battery life after Windows 7.8 update for Lumia 800

Two day's ago I installed the three updates for Windows 7.8. Yesterday my battery was empty within 12 hours. Today the same. Before these update I had a battery life of more than 20 hours with the same usage. This is not fun. Looks like the old battery life problem mentioned last year.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Shorter battery life after Windows 7.8 update for Lumia 800

[ Edited ]

Here we go again.. After every update..

Just keep using the phone as normal and do _not_ use the diagnostics tool. It will recalibrate by itself.. I get about three days on a charge running 7.8 (for about 6 weeks now)..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
baandoptager

Got the same problem. On 5th day with the 7.8 on my Lumia 800. Battery down from 36 hours (manual mails, location on, 3g off etc) to..... around 10 hours.... 10!!!!!! yesterday i left home at 8 and it was almost dead at 18.00 I had used GPS for maybe 5min, 3g for maybe 30 minutes...other than that manual mails, location on, 3g off and hardly used actually.

So... im curious. Did you phone calibrate by now???? Cuz im thinking of getting in touch with Nokia with some days if it doesn't become better.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gbrugman

This weekend I had a little bit better battery life, 14-16 hours. Today after 13 hours still 39% battery left. Looks like things are getting better. Still it's to short for a normal operating day.

Please use plain text.