Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Skydrive photo integration lumia 920

Advisor
MAPUSA

Skydrive photo integration lumia 920

How does skydrive sync with Lumia 920 photos work?

Lets say I have my "camera roll" album on Luma 920 and camera roll folder on Skydrive are synchronized.

1. When I delete a photo on Lumia 920, will the photo be deleted from skydrive? After how much time
  2. When I delete a photo on Skydrive, will the photo be deleted from Lumia 920? After how much time.
  3. Once all photos have been uploaded to skydrive, should I delete the camera roll photos from Lumia 920? Is there an easier way to know which photos have been successfully uploaded to skydrive and hence which photos can be deleted or does one have to compare manually and delete photos from camera roll folder on lumia 920
  4. Also I have noticed that my Lumia 920 had frozen couple of times while taking pictures and I had taken pictures unknowingly with default date for 3 times, therefore I had WP_20120901_001.jpg and WP_20120901_001(1).jpg on my Lumia 920, but when I check Skydrive I see only WP_20120901_001.jpg. What happened to the other file. I see some files with similar names (eg  WP_20130526_001(1).jpg and WP_20130526_001.jpg) are present in the same skydrive folder, so why has only some photos been synchronized and some were not synchronized.

Regards

MAP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: Skydrive photo integration lumia 920

It's not really a sync as such. Photo can be uploaded to Skydrive automatically depending on settings. Removing them from either does not remove it from the other.

Deleting photos from the phone once uploaded to Skydrive is an option but remember that (depending on settings) the quality of the uploaded photos may be lower. If you want to keep photos but remove them from the phone it would be better to copy them to your PC through MTP/USB.

In case of the missing photos it could be that because of the phone froze it did not actually upload the photo(s) at that time.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MAPUSA

thanks for the explaination.

Any inputs on question 3 and 4 above.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

I believe  I addressed those as well, please clarify if you have other questions..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.

Hi

I found no way to start a new tread, and this was the most relevant topic I found, so here goes:

I have Nokia 920 updated to black. I want my images to back up to skydrive, but I also want my pictures transfered to my computer and store them on my harddisk like my other cameras, in the same folders and use the software of my choice to edit and file them. I have also tried to use the new and improved Nokia Camera-app, and found a wird problem.

The phone has three options for uploading to skydrive (my phone gives them in Norwgian, but you get it): None, Good and Best. The problem is that the different images contain different amounts of XIF-information  regarding especially time taken, and position (GPS-data). 

Nokia Camera produces two files of each picture taken when the camera is set to upload, The higres-version however does not contain complete exif.information. This makes the higres version of less value when tranfered to my computer. Is this intentional, or just a bug? Is there a solution I have not seen.

The built in app produces also a smaller copy when skydrive upload is set to good, but this copy is not stored on the phone

Jon Lahlum

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asbar

Anybody knows how to remove online album in photos? I dont want one drive in my photo
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate, i don't believe you can. i have tried myself.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.