Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Still no Bluetooth share for my Lumia 800 (US Mark...

Counsellor
NihilantWonder

Still no Bluetooth share for my Lumia 800 (US Marketplace)

Updated with the latest firmware and bla bla bla yes it is up to date, but still no Bluetooth share. Why ??? This issue is listed here first a long time ago and still nothing. So if some moderator could bring an official statement that could bring some light to this issue that would be just great.

Please use plain text.
musica

Re: Still no Bluetooth share for my Lumia 800 (US Marketplace)

Hi NihilantWonder.

We're sorry to say that Bluetooth Share application is not available in US. Availability of specific features on future updates as access to certain applications is dependent on operator activation. Also, note that due to licensing arrangements with the Bluetooth providers, Nokia Bluetooth Share service is specific to certain countries.

Alternatively, you can use the SkyDrive account to put your media files to the cloud storage and let people download them. More information can be found from windows.microsoft.com/skydrive.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NihilantWonder

Thanks for response. So is there any chance that it would become available in US, or is there some way to get past this? I mean, would it help if i change language/region settings in my phone (it actually changes availability of certain apps) or is this due to my account that is registered in US and i cant help this, unless i put an account that is registered in other country in my phone as the primary account ?

Please use plain text.
musica

NihilantWonder wrote:

Thanks for response. So is there any chance that it would become available in US, or is there some way to get past this? I mean, would it help if i change language/region settings in my phone (it actually changes availability of certain apps) or is this due to my account that is registered in US and i cant help this, unless i put an account that is registered in other country in my phone as the primary account ?

We don't have information if it will be available to US or not. However, you can try to do the following:

1. You can try to change the region/country set on your Windows Live ID.

2. You can also change the language+region settings on the phone to other countries supporting the application.

These require a reset on the phone so you would have to sync your files first to Zune and backup other information. You can refer to the below link particularly: .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NihilantWonder

I will try it and if I figure out something I will let you know if it worked. Till then it would be great if you could dig up some more info about the availability of this app for other markets. Also I think it would be very helpful, if we knew for whitch markets it is available and for which not. A little helplist for users. That would be nice.

Thank you for response.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NihilantWonder

Ok...so I tried changing region/language settings. No use, I also tried to register the phone through another Live accounts (one Slovak, one UK), but still nothing. But I am able to download Ringtone Maker through all of them. Isnt this some firmware version issue ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NihilantWonder

Is there someone who actually cares in this forum and pushes our complaints further ????

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi NihilantWonder,

Sorry but as previously advised, the Bluetooth Share application is not available in the US. You can contact Nokia Support to submit and address your complaints.
Please use plain text.