Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Strange errors after restore Lumia 820

FredjeV
Accepted Solution

Strange errors after restore Lumia 820

My new 820 screen went bad and I got a new one. While installing I chose to restore the backup. It nicely installed all programs and setting but now I see in the Store I have 16 apps with errors. I also see these in my app list. All apps work fine and all apps are fully installed. I see errorcode 8000fff

Anybody knows what went wrong and how to solve this?

Fred

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Tap on 'Toepassing download ..Attentie' (seen in the second screenshot.. ) after some time .. Once one download + install is over tap on the second one.. 

This may be due to some problem with the Windows MarketPlace ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

I think its a case of overloading the downloads, I would only leave two to three simultaneous downloads maximum, going at once. I would cancel the updates manually, by tapping and holding on each entry and selecting Cancel. then updating each application one by one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
FredjeV

Pressing the opnieuw button gives a short notification "in behandeling" and then again the error. Overloading the downloads happens automaticly when restoring. All,apps are downloaded at once (all,16).
the downloads are not queued, they are all perfectly installed.
that's the strange part. All my apps are installed (all 16!!!). Deinstalling and installing works fine but doesn't help on the number of errors

fred
Please use plain text.
FredjeV

When tapping the downloads I can't press cancel because it's grayed out. I can only press "delen" (means sharing)
Please use plain text.
FredjeV

It finaly worked. Ai went to the store and selected the downloads. By holding them the menu gave me the option to cancel the download.
I tried to cancel them in the app list, that's why it didn't work when I tried it.
thanks for your help!

I think this I a problem more people will stumble upon when restoring a backup
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

LOL no worries mate, that's what I said in the first place to cancel the updates, not the applications themselves :smileytongue:. glad to hear it's all working out though :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.