Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Switching to Nokia Lumia 820 from Nokia 6300 (i lo...

ed054

Switching to Nokia Lumia 820 from Nokia 6300 (i love this old phone)

Hi,

I got a Samsung Galaxy s11 last year as an upgrade but hated it and switched back to my old but much loved Nokia 6300 as I decided to wait for the new Windows 8 Lumia range.

I went to change today to a phone shop who advised that there is no way that I can move all my contacts photos e.t.c from the 6300 to the Lumia 820.

All contacts from my sim card can be transfered but nothing from the phone itself.

My sim card does not have sufficent capacity to enable all contacts to be transfered to it.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Switching to Nokia Lumia 820 from Nokia 6300 (i love this old phone)

You could copy whats on sim onto phone,then put sim back in old phone delete copied numbers and then get the rest and repeat the process

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Nokia 6300 is supported by Nokia Suite, so go here.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@ed054

You can copy all your contact details (including assigned pictures) to the 820 using the Transfer my data app for WinPhone 8. I've just set up a Lumia 620 for my wife and transferred all her contacts, including assigned pictures, from a Nokia 3710 fold via Bluetooth.

The sales assistant you dealt with obviously has no clue what they are talking about.

Please use plain text.