Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Is much better than WP7 ?

Counsellor
leucarum

Re: Symbian Is much better than WP7 ?

Cant see data connection in my phone settings?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

I don't have a Nokia Windows phone, only Symbian.  I tried out a WP Nokia phone for a friend who was interested in buying one.

Someone up above phrased it perfectly:

"WP7 is a simple OS that will appeal to the masses..."

Where I'm coming from, that is an absolute perfect answer.  For a whole lot of people, who don't yet know what a smart phone is capable of, the WP phone will be simple and easy to use....  but I can't think of any reason why they should buy a Windows phone instead of even an iphone.

I've had quite a few Symbian Nokia phones, and the N8 does SO many things that the new WP phones can't do.  Even the currently "crippled" Belle versions do far more than can be done with the Windows Nokias.  Of course, if you're a person who doesn't care for all those features, this is no big deal.

I still am trying to find out information for my friend.  He has an iphone he doesn't understand, and he's giving it to his son.  He needs a new phone.  I told him that the new Nokia would probably be very good for him, as it's so simple.

For me though, after reading many of the threads in these forums, I'm getting to feel very frustrated.  I didn't want a WP Nokia before, and from what I read here, I want one even less.  I don't see any indication that Nokia is going to fix the problems with Belle any time soon.  My own answer was simple - I bought a second N8.  No matter how bad the future gets, I'll always have at least one N8 along with PC Suite (and also Nokia Suite).  ...and in the meantime, I'm trying out a used iphone 3GS, and looking for an Android device to try out.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Was just looking, with no luck.  Has anyone made a comparison chart of features available in the latest Symbian vs. the latest Windows OS? 

Please use plain text.