Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Syncing windows phone to outlook (non-exchange)

Registered Member
solarmaze

Syncing windows phone to outlook (non-exchange)

Is there a way to sync contact and calendar information from outlook on your pc (non-exchange) to a windows phone without using the cloud, or first having to sync to an online outlook.com account? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Syncing windows phone to outlook (non-exchange)

you don't have to do that as its all automatic mate on your Microsoft account. for example, i have a Hotmail account and i login at setup on my Windows Phone, and all my contacts and calendar information are automatically carried over and accessible on my WP.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Sure

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Blueforce

Hi solarmaze, no and yes, you can not sync your local Outlook with your phone without a third party software. You have to buy this software to be able to sync with a local outlook installation. Microsoft removed the ability to sync data with their own software when moving from Windows Mobile to Windows Phone. You can however sync if you use their clowdbased Office or store all your private information and data on some MS server somewhere in the world.

I think the sync software is called Outlook Companion or something similar.

Best regards,
Blueforce
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Try the link in my earlier post..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Blueforce

Hi paulheu,

I did not notice that it was a link, sorry about that!

Regards
Leffe
Please use plain text.