Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Tesco lumia 820 updates dont install

Advisor
j0nny

Tesco lumia 820 updates dont install

I tried updates with Tesco sim it doesn't update to even amber is there a reason for this i have tried flashing via pc this fails also the phone works fine it just wont update is there a way to update?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

What does it say as manufacturers name in Settings > extas+info > more info

Also what product code do you get when you plug inthe phone with Nokia Software Recovery Tool running and do you get a newer software version there??

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

Thanks for your quick replie 059R096 product code. rm-825-eu-euro-217 manufacturer code . The software number matchs the current one when i try to flash and fuse service allso stops working on windows 7 pc.also the info thing you pointed me to says lumia black in red writing with a ! Mark. I was under impression software went amber cyan black in chorological order it defo tells me i cant install apps because i don't have amber tho .thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

If you have Black you have the current firmware for the phone..

Maybe this is a hint

A mber  > B lack > C yan

You'll get Cyan firmware once available for the 820 which afaik it is not yet. You can find more information HERE

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

Sorry if its me but when i try to install smart smart shoot and other apps it says quite clearly i need to update to amber first . I'm dunno if being highlighted red with a ! Where it says lumia black at the top of info means there's a fault . Hopefully this bug will resolve when cyan is released .thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Which firmware version do you have? 3051.40000.1347.1006 should be the latest for your UK country-variant, which is Lumia Black as you can see in Lumia » Menu » Settings » Infos.

Now if you have problems with a particular app, please, mention all affacted apps your noticed and give us the error message word for word. Although the message is silly in your case, we need that to find a workaround. For example, as replacement for Nokia Smart Shoot, did you try Nokia Camera?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Not sure but I believe Smart shoot was integrated in to Nokia Camera quite a while ago afaik..

As abi99 sugegsted make sure you have the latest of all nokia 'firmware apps'

That the name of the Firmware (Black) is in red makes sense as it's probably hard to read in black. :smileywink:

---

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

Thanks guys i think i got it sorted had scary moment the phone froze without any further interference from me then bricked wouldn't charge turn on or any thing . Thought id trashed my first smartphone without alcohol being the cause. I used the Nokia software updater to try and recover stupidly id let the frozen phone run out rather than pop out the battery this seemed to add to my recovery woes as it wouldn't charge. i tried recovery with Nokia software updater more times than i can count eventually the it booted i charged the phone then did a hard reset with the volume and power buttons . then uninstalled the smart shoot that claimed i needed amber update installed Nokia camera and it has the smart shoot features built in what newbie i am lol. The red font in info software version with ! is no longer there it has no software version listed at all now .anyway i included a full account incase someone else has a similar problem and finds this forum via google like i did. Thanks for helping
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Make sure you install all updates as found HERE. They'll come to the phone by themselves, this is just quicker..:smileywink:

---

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

j0nny wrote:
Nokia Camera […] has the smart shoot features built in what newbie i am lol.

Nokia should do something about Nokia Smart Shoot because you are not the only one being confused – judging after reading the comments in the Windows Phone Store.

j0nny wrote:
I tried recovery with Nokia software updater more times than i can count.

What went wrong exactly? The Nokia Software Recovery Tool should run smoothless, only once, no reset required afterwards anymore.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

I wasn't using software updater at the time it froze .after smart shoot told me to update to amber but phone said im up to date i tried Nokia software updater it said i could update so i tried it it failed soon as it started flashing . I recovered with no problem then then about a day later it froze on screen saver so obviously there was problem. Lol
Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

When i was recovering after freeze the phone was flat battery and bricking no sign of life at all charging was disabled no hard reset recovery was hampered by no charge i got Nokia word to appear but just did the recovery over and over till i got some charge recovered the fully charged then hard reset and im fine
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Did you use the ‘Nokia Software Recovery Tool’? That is its name.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j0nny

No i used the Nokia software updater it offered to recover my phone when it bad flashed. So i knew it had the ability to revive my phone so when it froze and bricked i loaded that up on pc and selected the not responding or something like that option below connect phone prompt screen on Nokia software updater . I had literally no idea what i was doing .
Please use plain text.
paramour13

[ Edited ]

Hi, j0nny. Welcome to the forum! We're pleased to know that your issue has been resolved. However, we do not recommend customers to use the Nokia Software Updater, we'd appreciate if you'd refrain from using it. We suggest using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987 in case hardware reset and reset did not work with your phone. We hope you understand. 

For future concerns, do not hesitate to get back to this community. We'd be grateful if you'd share your experience and help other users that are in need of help, too. Enjoy the rest of your day! :thumbup:

Please use plain text.