Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Tethering / Personal Hotspot

Sage
DeathFromAbove

Tethering / Personal Hotspot

No not kinky games but an essential item on a smartphone.....when can we expect these to be provided?   I know about the FCC issue but surely a few palms can be greased to get it through them?

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

Re: Tethering / Personal Hotspot

Anyone out there with an update?

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Professor

look , you're on the internet. why are you not just googling it? anything that anyone tells you on here will be on the internet. use your initiative and look it up instead of just asking on here.

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

This is the internet and a focussd spot for feedback directly from Nokia and the community.  As we all know the interent is full of trolls... like you feeding the community with dross and sub intellect flotsam

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Nokia is not able to provide information about the future developments of the Windows Phone OS. You could make your recommendation directly to Microsoft via this site:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
iipper

use your initiative and look it up instead of just asking on here.

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

^troll. yawn.

Thanks for constructive responses.

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
stevensc

Windows Phones have it. HTC Raider have it. Nokia doesn't. So wake up. You're losing sales and customers like me.
Please use plain text.
Chiangth

Yes yes! I live with this function with my N8!!! PLease please please enable this for my Lumia. I seriously NEED this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

@ michaels Nokia Community Manager

Dear Sir,

As you might know Internet Sharing (tethering) is an integral part of Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango). It is however upto device manufacturers -aka Nokia - to make it available to customers.And it is upto providers to support is or not. So the question should not - as you suggest - be directed to Microsoft but directly to Nokia, as Nokia obviously have chosen not to enable Internet Sharing on the Lumia 800.

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Sage
anseio

Henk.

You are absolutely correct. This question should not at all be directed to Microsoft. If it were an MS issue, then we'd be begging for tethering on ALL WP7 devices.

Tethering update better come out soon, or Nokia will be squandering their efforts.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

[ Edited ]

This might of course be a battery issue. Internet Sharing will no doubt require much of the already not so convincing capacity of the Lumia 800's battery (although mine runs for 2 days (3G off, WiFi, Bluetooth, location etc on)).

Please use plain text.