Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: The camera doesn't work anymore on my nokia lu...

Rivers

The camera doesn't work anymore on my nokia lumia 920

So I got my nokia lumia 920 yesterday and it was working fine, however after a few hours my camera just died, I can't launch it with the button or the camera app and none of the other apps like  the panorama works either. I'm really disappointed because I really liked the lumia 920. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: The camera doesn't work anymore on my nokia lumia 920

is it running in the background? it won't launch again if it is...
hold down the back arrow for a few seconds and see if its there already.
if not try rebooting your device :smileyvery-happy:

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Rivers

Thats not the problem I have tried to use the camera after a reset and it doesnt work it just crashes back to the menu.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Are there any updates due?
and have you recently downloaded any camera apps?

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Bought my Lumia saturday - it stopped working sunday. First i thought it was the update on nokia apps, but just tried a reset via settings->about->reset and it still doesnt work.

City Lens works again, but its a black screen and the Camera app still wont launch.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

With the full reset not fixing the problem it looks like your Lumia 920 is faulty, you should contact the retailer or Nokia care.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Yea was afraid of that... sucks. I really had, or still have high hopes for the Lumia 920. I still think its a great phone and would still recommend people to try one out. But this isnt a launch bug you want with such a high end product.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

With every phone manufacturing defects can occur. I presonally know over 15 people that have this phone and none have had the issue you have. Hopefully you can easily get it replaced under warranty and give it another chance.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

I'm just wondering if its a firmware issue, since the app just closes itself - but none the less i will have to stop by the retailer and have it looked at. Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If a reboot and a full reset didn't fix it then it's highly unlikly that it's a firmware issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Darn - oh well... guess its back to the store. Thanks for helping out and replying so fast

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Well be being a hardass sometimes... sometimes pays off too. After trying several restarts, the camera finally started working again. Random reboot and it suddenly started working again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Now that is weird! Hopefully it will carry on working!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Well to make things worse...

When i originally got the phone i was excited to try all the new features and apps.

One of them (although short lifespan) was cinemagraph. The app wasnt installed nor would it allow me to due to it saying it wasnt available to my device, provider or country (DENMARK. Which i find very strange... Thinking if i changed the settings in language and/or location it should would install it, which it did, but never got it to work. Shortly after an update comes for most of Nokias Apps and then the camera total shut off like i wrote before.

Cant really imaging it being software issues with langauge, region and provider since it should be a pretty open app and i've done the factory reset. It might be a hardware problem, and i should report it to the retailer in case it pops up again... for now crossing fingers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kireru

Ok i'm sorry for keep writing. Just tried taking some pictures and then tried pressing the "group" icon i think it is, at the bottom to see if it will change to that... it didnt, it just restarted the phone and now the camera doesnt work again.

Retail store here i comes :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Good luck, hope they make it easy for you to get it fixed or a replacement.
Please use plain text.
TimsonC2000

any news on that issue, I have the same problem and yes there were an update and after that it wasn't working anymore.

Please use plain text.
TimsonC2000

and I think that one: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-920-camera-suddenly-not-working-after-app-updates/... is a very similar problem and I can not believe that this is a hardware proble,.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
namdanog

Kireru wrote:

Bought my Lumia saturday - it stopped working sunday. First i thought it was the update on nokia apps, but just tried a reset via settings->about->reset and it still doesnt work.

City Lens works again, but its a black screen and the Camera app still wont launch.

I have exactly the same problem. I have done both the soft and hard resets, and nothing I do results in the camera working again. I have the black Starhub variant from Singapore. Very disappointing as the camera is absolutely the main reason why I bought this phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Sadly these things happen so return device to point of purchase or a nokia care center .

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.