Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Transfer contacts & calender entries from Nokia PC...

Advisor
n_deepesh

Transfer contacts & calender entries from Nokia PC Suite to Nokia Lumia 510

I recently bought my Nokia Lumia 510, since my earlier phone Nokia C6 got lost. I use to update all contents of my C6 to Nokia PC Suite. Now as lumia 510 does'nt connect to nokia pc suite, Iam unable to transfer the contacts & calender entries to lumia. Also zune software is of no use. I tried to copy the .vcf (contacts) files from pc suite and sent to lumia phone via bluetooth/skydrive but the file format is not supported by lumia

Hence please inform what file format does nokia lumia 510 supports for contacts & how can i transfer my contacts & calender entries from Nokia PC suite to Nokia lumia 510 ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

Re: Transfer contacts & calender entries from Nokia PC Suite to Nokia Lumia 510

You willl have to setup a Microsoft outlook.com mail account. Do it on a PC.  That account will have contacts and a calender.You can import a contact list in the .csv format. There are converters that will convert the vcf to csv, then import the csv into the outlook.com contact list. You can also import a calendar in the .ics format into the outlook calendar. Get the contact list and calendar like you want it on outlook,com and then setup the mail account on your phone. The phone will sync to the outlook.com information.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

HERE is a lot of information on this. ALso do a search on the forum as there is many posts wit this information around.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n_deepesh

[ Edited ]

I was importing the contacts to windows live online after converting it to csv by a software ( screenshot atttached). With the default settings as shown in screenshot, It is getting imported & sync also working fine. But the imported/synced contacts does'nt show the phone numbers. Only it is showing name. Original data contains name, phone no 01, phone no 2, telephone 1 etc ( no email id).

Please inform settings while converting the .vcf files to CSV. For example Text encoding format, data should be normal or transpose form etc .

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

When I set up my phone contacts I combined three contact lists. My old Sony phone contacts, an outlook contact list and a Windows address book.

I did not use last names. I entered what I wanted to see displayed in the 'name' column, some just the first and some the full name.

The .csv column names have to be  Name,  Mobile Phone,  Home Phone,  Business Phone,  E-mail Address

Take a look at the column names in an outlook exported csv file if you want to use any other fields. The column names have to match those in an outlook exported csv file.

I can't remember if I had to change some phone number formats or if they were already fixed but all phone numbers in my csv file are in the form  (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n_deepesh

Thanks for guiding me. I got the solution as below :

First I copied all contacts in nokia pc suite into a folder. Then there is a option in windows 8 contacts folder to import contacts from .vcf format into it, Windows 8 will import the contacts in .contact format. Then there is an export option by which we can export the .contact format files to .csv. Since I have a windows live id, I logged in to the windows live mail in webpage and in the contacts (people hub) there is an option to import contact from .csv file. I did it and all my phone contacts got imported to it. I have setup the same windows live id in my lumia phone by which I sync the contacts and all my windows live id contacts got updated in phone too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

Glad that worked for you. All has to be in the correct format and it works.

When you go to live mail calendar the option to import is under 'subscribe'

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n_deepesh

I need further help in calendar importing.

My calendar entries are stored in windows 8 calendar app. But it is not syncing with windows live id. So my question is....
1. How to sync it ? So I can later on sync the same to my lumia phone..
Or
2. How to get . ics file from it so that I can use the subscribe option and update it in windows live id.
Please use plain text.