Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Lumia 920...

Contributor
Donawho99
Accepted Solution

Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Lumia 920?

I can't seem to find any good source that explains how to do this! My sim card has no contacts on it, and you cant export them from the iPhone to the sim card, I'm lost as to what I can do to keep my contacts! Anyone know how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Lumia 920?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Lumia 920?

Hi mate,

Enable Bluetooth in both your iPhone and the 920, and use the Transfer My Data app by Nokia that should be on your 920. If it is not, check the Store on your device for it. Follow the instructions and all should be well!

Please note that you should update to the latest version of Transfer My Data to ensure that everything is copied over to the best that is possible, check the Store for the latest version, that is 2.1.1.4.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Donawho99

awesome! Thanks man! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

No worries brutha, glad it worked out for you, and hope that you enjoy your 920 like I and so many others are! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dragon76dfw

Doesn't work ... Lumia will not connect with iphone via bluetooth

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Werzion

Got the same problem myself... Why cant this transfer just be done over WiFi!?!!!!??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rassoodock

All versions of the iPhone should work every time with Transfer my Data.  What error message are you seeing?  Is the iPhone set to discoverable, i.e., are you inside the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone?  Did you try turning Bluetooth on/off on the iPhone or rebooting the device?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi guys,

In worst case scenario you can also use this app for PC and Mac to transfer your data over: www.markspace.com/welcomehome/nokia/
Please use plain text.
lander

I have a Iphone 4 iOS6 and I only get a message saying that it does not support

These are the messages I get on my Iphone

Control that "Mobile Phone" is on, within range and redy to be paired" free translation from swedish.

"Pairing failed, "Mobile Phone" not supported

The nokia 920 simply reports that id does not connect.

So in short

They both recognise the other unit but are not able to pair up.

What now. I'm not too keen on manually typing in 350+ contacts

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ldsafley

Same here.  I wonder where the positive reviews are coming from from all the Windows Apps. 

Another problem is with the Ebay App.  Haha, You can not respond to messages or anything as it says Java Required or something like that.  Then hooking up skype seemed like I had to re invent the whole thing.

Come on Microsoft, Step up and fix all your apps, there is only a few anyways.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TUCCI1979

Iphone 4 IOS 5.1 worked perfect with the Transfer my Data app, all my 487 contacts have been successfully transfered over bluethoot, and it has taken 2.13 seconds. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mia_anna

I wasn't able to initially.

I then headed to the Marketplace, updated my Transfer My Data app, and the pairing finally worked.

Transfer worked flawlessly.

Please use plain text.
hermanken

[ Edited ]

Move your contacts to your sim card. Insert sim card in to your iphone 4. Go to settings>mail, contacts, calendars and then select import sim contacts. If there are no images on the data card they must be saved on the phone once again copy to data card, connect card to pc copy to pc and then you can transfer your contacts from iPhone to your Lumia 920.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GabyBustaman

I have tried to transfer iva sim card, it is the easiest way. But there is another better solution for you to backup your contacts to computer and transfer to Nokia phone, that is the iTransfer. This program can help you backup all contacts to computer. Then you can add to your OVI account and sync to your Nokia 920

Source: http://xavc-to-fcp-converter.jimdo.com/

Please use plain text.
o_ojaxie

Hey guys, i have iphone 3gs ios 6.1.3 and i want to copy my messages to my lumia 920. Wat do i do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vaunsergo

[ Edited ]

Copy contacts to SIM card, but you know that the size of Nokia is different with iPhone, so you need a professional card sets to help you. Then insert the SIM card to Lumia and restart the phone.

or you can goole mobile transfer to help you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

That's about the worst way to do it as you will loose almost all additional data (if youhave any) but the name and phone numer (extra numbers, address, mail etc..)

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.