Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

UK Settings

vvhurricane

UK Settings

Hello,

I recently won a new nokia lumia 800 from an irish newspaper much to my delight as my blackberry had been stolen about a month previously!

However on receiving the prize I discovered it was locked to a UK network. I spoke with the competition organisers but there was nothing they could do to help me and I ended up having to pay €50 to have it unlocked so I could use it in Ireland still I'm not complaining!

The problem I'm having is that everything on the phone still seems to think it is in the UK. I've changed all the obvious settings I can see to Ireland as my destination but I am now having problems. When I try to install an update it keeps telling me it is not avail and to check my data settings but I am definitely connected to the internet. Its like the phone thinks its in the UK not Ireland. Is there any way I change this so the phone recognises itself to be in euro and in an Irish marketplace etc... I am using an Irish network (Meteor) as my provider and not having any problems.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: UK Settings

[ Edited ]

Try this.

Download an app from the Marketplace called Network Setup. Install and run and it should detect your new sim card and install the necessary apn settings. This worked for me on my generic version. I don't know if the network the phone was originally locked has made any localisation changes to the firmware to block this but worth a try. 

ALso, can you be a little more specific with regards to the type of location issues you are having?

Please use plain text.