Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: :::::URGENT:::::LUMIA 900 HAS NO CARRIER'S DAT...

Registered Member
romster522

Re: :::::URGENT:::::LUMIA 900 HAS NO CARRIER'S DATA CONNECTION (AT&T) !

has nokia identified this as a bug yet? att has nothing in their system, they just tell me to exchange or return the phone...

its on all tech blogs, gonna have to call them i guess

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jdport120

Received 900 on Friday - WiFi all weekend - Monday no data - hard reset - got data back. Today no data - hard reset no good - manual APN no good. ATT e-store agreed to send me new phone overnight - I will be charged for additional phone until they receive this unit back. I raised hell with support who knew absolutely nothing about the problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kalel16

You are absolutely right....There is something wrong with At&t services or the device itself
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kalel16

Is anyone at Nokia looking at this forum...This is your big launch...Don't screw it up....As someone who likes to see Microsoft and Nokia succeed...Please don't screw the good launch atlease in terms of sales on Amazon.

At&t has no clue.....Please Nokia/MS...Step in and fix this before this gets bad and the damage is done
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
envi123

[ Edited ]

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/11/putting-people-first/

However, soon after AT&T began selling this flagship device, we identified a software issue. In short, a memory management issue was discovered that could, in some cases, lead to loss of data connectivity. As a proactive and prudent measure, we decided, together with AT&T, to take immediate action. We have identified the issue, and have developed a solution.

If you have already purchased a Lumia 900, we are making two options available to you:

• You will be able to update your device with the latest software via Zune on or around Monday, April 16th.

or

• Swap your current Lumia 900 for an updated Lumia 900

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of good will, every individual who has already purchased a Nokia Lumia 900 — or who will purchase one between now and April 21st – will receive a $100 credit to their AT&T bill.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

envi123 was a bit faster but please check out our blog post on Nokia conversations as it has all the details. http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/11/putting-people-first/

Best regards,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
techygeek82

Wow. First, I just started having the data issue this morning (which I have 'patched' with the APN information for the moment). Second, I think it's a major step for Nokia/AT&T to take in 'making things right'.

In all the issues I've read about other companies, like Apple, who have problems with their devices, they always 'belittled' the customer by telling them they were doing something wrong. It only took Nokia 1 day to acknowledge an issue with their device and have a patch ready to go. While those of us who pre-ordered may say it was 3 days, frankly it's still the quickest I've seen a company acknowledge an issue and have a fix ready.

I knew I left HTC, due to lack of support in the WP arena, for a reason. Glad to know Nokia has our backs.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
juhian

I agree that nokia acknowledged the issue and also issued credit to customer unlike other companies that's why they are not market leaders...

people like only bullies :smileymad:

... not good companies :smileywink: ....

KR
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jerryaz

I also agree that Nokia responded to this issue quickly and offered a very reasonable solution.  Purchased my phone on Monday from an ATT store, and aside from an initial connection problem, have had no issues since.  The 900 is solidly built, looks great and is an iPhone alternative worthy of consideration!

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

great news! We have released an update that fixes the issue (3 days ahead of schedule). If you have any problems, you can now connect your phone to Zune and just update it.

Check out the following page with more infos: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/lumia900update

Best regards,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
bate119

I installed the new patch this morning and held my breath...it worked!  I rebooted and it still worked!!  YES!!!  In the midst of adveristy; Nokia blossumed and earned a new customer in me!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RFNAPLES

[ Edited ]

I installed the lumia 900 update on 4/13 works better but now Slacker Radio, Last.fm and Spotify all claim I am offline or have no data connection. Not true WiFi and LTE working but apps don't..

Will there be another fix to the 900 or to each app?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jerryaz

Installed the update last night, also held my breath (past experience, sometimes phone updates go haywire!).  But now the phone works fine, all data conenctions restored.   Thank you Nokia!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jamrock60

I had set my APN manually so I had no problem with the connectivity. only problem was setting up. Exchange. had to down load certificate file and install on 900 to get email to work. whats up with that. I did not have to do that on my E7 so far every thing is working beautifully biggest problem I see I cant send copy and send a contact from y phone like I did in my Nokia E7. I guess I will have to find some 3 party app for that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RFNAPLES

Anybody else still having data connection/memory/offline problems with their Lumia 900?

I am still having problems with data connection after the 'fix' but not as often. Have to reboot after visiting a few online sites to clear memory.

Called AT&T and Nokia. They said I could reset my phone (would have to reinstall hours of apps) and get a new phone (out-of-stock). They also suggested the APN Cellular settings:

APN: wap.cingular

User name: wap@cingulargprs.com

Password: cingular1

Proxy server/URL: wireless.cingular.com

Proxy port: 80

Also tried deleting history (all temporary files, history, cookies, and saved passwords) from Internet Explorer.

Perhaps the WiFi program on phone causing problem. Since after being told I was offline (I wasn't but that is the same error message received before 'fix') I turned off WiFi and was able to connect via cellular (LTE). Also sometimes WiFi doesn't connect immediately and once it asked for password (even though it is in there).

Baseline information:

1. Phone Manufacturer: Nokia
  2. Phone Model: Nokia Lumia 900
  3. Mobile Operator: AT&T
  4. Software: Windows Phone 7.5
  5. Phone Operating System version: 7.10.8112.7
  6. Firmware revision number: 2175.1002.8112.12084
  7. Zune software version: 4.8.2345.0
  8. Computer Operating System version: Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
wizll

[ Edited ]

I think there's still a separate data connection problem with regards to being in an area where there's no cell reception. When I'm in an area without cell reception for an extended period of time, it seems to never be able to reconnect to the network when I do get back somewhere with network. A restart fixes this, but that is a less than ideal solution.

In fact, I just watched my Lumia 900 just automatically restart itself. strange.

Side notes: I did have data issues before. The recent patch has fixed those issues. My office is in what I would call a AT&T deadzone. Some parts of my office are fine, while other parts have absolutely no cell reception.

wifi: as some have also mentioned, wifi is also operating oddly. when i turn on the phone, it'll connect to the wifi, data through the wifi will work fine for a minute or so. then no data flows through even though the phone shows it connected. after another minute or so, it is ok again. it's intermittent, but very noticeable and annoying when I never had this wifi issue with my previous windows phone.

Please use plain text.
khoover

I got my Lumia 900 today.  I applied the software update and all of the version numbers listed are the "right" ones for the fix but I *still* can't do any data communciations via the cellular network.  It shows a 4G connection but any programs which try to transmit data throw an error unless I have wifi connectivity.

Phone calls work OK and wifi seems solid.  Works fine with my 3g AT&T Microcell for calls too.  Trying the reboot-with-SIM-card-out trick and also the reset-with-sim-card-out tricks didn't make any difference.

Do I need to ask AT&T for a replacement phone or is there something else I can try?

This is frustrating, otherwise I really like the phone and the OS.

Ken

Please use plain text.
khoover

Update! This is FIXED! It turned out to be something on AT&T's end - they tweaked my account and I'm good now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RFNAPLES

Any details?  Is it automatic or do we each have to call into AT&T.  I called in yesterday and they were supposed to call me back this afternoon.  I'm still waiting!

Please use plain text.
rfc0001

I'm still having intermittent no connection issues -- about 3x in last week I lose all connections (data and cellular and SMS) and have to restart to get back a connection back.  The issue seems triggered by low signal in the first place, but *not* an actual loss of signal (after reboot I still get a signal).  Is this a known issue or a defective device?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.