Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

USSD requests & Notifications on LUMIA 800

Advisor
lumia_cipher

USSD requests & Notifications on LUMIA 800

I am not able to use the service providers USSD services on Nokia LUMIA 800. Specifically TaTa Docomo *191# gives a list of options to know balance, validity etc. Also I am not able to receive summary notifications sent by the service provider after each call/sms etc.

Is it a known windows bug ? Anybody facing the similar problem?

Also feel this is related to the LUMIA call ending bug /t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Can-t-end-a-call-in-lumia-800/m-p/1283747#M5533

Thanks.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Re: USSD requests & Notifications on LUMIA 800

[ Edited ]

Just tried a couple of balance checking codes from my operator and they worked fine.

However, I do not receive notifications after calls and texts like I did on my Android phone.

It's now a Lumia problem as such, but a WP7 one.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

The problem is not with all codes but with codes that send back an interactive menu. For example For my service provider (Tata Docomo India), *111# directly gives the balance which works fine... But *191# sends back an interactive menu with 14 options to chose from like usage, validity etc. from which I chose a particular option, and then I get response to that request. This does not work on the LUMIA.
Actually, I know its not a service provider related issue, because the codes work fine on my galaxy S. But looks like windows is unable to handle interactive USSD requests. And yes, the summary notifications is another problem.

RussU wrote:

Just tried a couple of balance checking codes from my operator and they worked fine.

However, I do not receive notifications after calls and texts like I did on my Android phone.

It's now a Lumia problem as such, but a WP7 one.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
jax8214

Hello guys,

I have the same problem in Romania wit Lumia 800, when I called at *100# in my network, the phone entered into "Pending" mode and I don't receive any interactive menu from USSD service.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JambaMP

When will be this bug fixed?

Please use plain text.
ah_lee

Looks like Lumia is missed out this basic function...

It make me look stupid to smart phone that has no interactive menu for operator menu (*100#)

Please use plain text.
SeanAchim

Any fix for this yet? It is extremely frustrating not being able to use such a basic feature.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Disila

Could any Nokia / Microsoft person at least confirm if this is an official reported bug?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phonestore85

Add USSD for Moldova (Moldcell) country please. I can check account balance!!!

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2280103-ussd-support

Please use plain text.
Contributor
beka909

it also doesnt work for me in Georgia for operator MAGTICOM 

what we can to do ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KobaSmith

[ Edited ]

Is there any way to solve this problem?

*note; removed non English text. English is the only langauge allowed on Nokia Discussions

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KobaSmith

It doesn't work on GEOCELL too, I call 7010 and operator gives me an information... and this phone is called smartphone, when I activated internet settings in GEOCELL's servise-center they put my sim in 10$ phone and activated internet this way :smileyhappy:)))))) but it's not funny at alllllllllll

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rjri

when can we get rid of this problem??/ its really annoying us

Please use plain text.