Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to send MMS

Advisor
wendy70
Accepted Solution

Unable to send MMS

I have just got the lumia 710. I am unable to send MMS or use mobile data. I am on the Vodafone network. I have rang them several times regarding this problem and they have checked that all is ok at there end and say that the APN settings need doing. I have done this and still nothing. Can anyone hep as Ive exhausted all possibilities

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi Wendy70,

Thanks for posting. Normally the Lumia will read SMS, MMS and Internet settings from the SIM at first startup.

If you have no internet connection yet and do not have any data on the Lumia you have no backup for do a reset with the SIM inserted. You find the reset in Settings>About>reset your phone. This should fully reset the phone and get you back to the first use setup sequence.

Normally a Vodafone SIM should have Internet, MMS and SMS settings on the SIM and so these should be setup automatically. If this does not happen or you cannot reset the phone, e.g. when the data is not on the SIM or you have data on the phone you cannot lose or re-enter later, you can use the app 'Network Setup' from the Nokia Collection in Marketplace.

As you might not have an active Internet connection at this point setup a connection to a WiFi network through Settings>WiFi and open Marketplace. You will need to login using your liveID.

If you do not have a LiveID yet you can create one from the Lumia or goto live.com to do so. When done enter your LiveID login (mailaddress) and password and download the Network Setup app.

When you run the App select your network and you're done.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions let us know,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wendy70

thanks

I am in the middle of doing this an am stuck

What is the connection name and on the mms apn what is the mmsc address

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Wendy70,

As you appear to have the network setup app (you cannot enter  MMS settings manually without it). You should have the settings for Vodafone preset. When the App starts you see a selector with available provider settings. Select yours (should be Vodafone ) and save. This should be enough.

If for some reason you need to enter these settings manually you should be able to find the specific settings for your operator on their website.

Hope this helped,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wendy70

I had to put all the dtails in manually but this still hasnt worked. I have rang vodafone and they are sending a new sim, hopefully this will resolve the issue

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wendy70

I rang vodafone to get the excat settings and amazinly this has solved the probem, with out your help i would still be tearing my hair out, so a big hank you for your help gettig this app

Please use plain text.
Maz79

Hi,

Can somebody help me please??!!

I got the Nokia Lumia 710 yesterday & cannot send or receive media messages - I've tried following suggested solutions but am stuck in Network Setup & not sure what to do next?!

Many Thanks,

Maz79

Please use plain text.